I was early.
It was too warm to think about Christmas.
The weather forecast was calling for spitting rain, I was not dressed for that.
I was hungry.
I wasn’t in the mood to drink.
My two cohorts from last year were not present.
I wasn’t feeling very festive.
I wasn’t sure how my body would handle the walk.
I skipped the Tacky Lights Tour and went home.
I am truly out of touch with Atlanta’s restaurant scene. When I pulled into Toco Hill Shopping Center I was flabbergasted to see that Bagel Palace was no longer there; it apparently closed in 2018. In doing research into the closure of Bagel Palace, I also discovered:
– Smoke Ring BBQ in Castleberry Hill has closed.
– The Greater Good BBQ in East Lake has closed.
– Queen of Cream on Highland has closed.
– Hong Kong Harbour on Cheshire Bridge has closed.
– Front Page News on Moreland is closing at year’s end.
None of which I knew before last night. Huh.
I should also say that I am not a great fan of this version of Toco Hill Shopping Center. In addition to Bagel Palace, gone are Famous Pub (that I knew) and the laundromat I used on occasionally use in a pinch.