I Pauliefied an Instant Pot vegetarian chili recipe last night and it was quite good. Bonnie, was the chili you made last Friday made using this vegetarian chili recipe from Pinch of Yum?
Here is my updated version:
Instant Pot – Pumpkin Walnut Chili
Serves: 12 cups
• 1 Tbsp oil
• 1/2 onion, minced
• 2 poblano peppers, chopped
• 1 bunch green onions, sliced
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 6 cups vegetable broth
• 1 can (14 oz) fire-roasted tomatoes
• 2 cans (10 oz) Rotel tomatoes, chipotle flavored
• 2 cups walnuts, chopped
• 1 cup red lentils
• 1 cup bulgur
• 2 Tbsp chili powder
• 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
• 1 Tbsp (optional) salt
• 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
• 2 cans (15.25 oz) black beans
1. Turn on Instant Pot to Sauté Mode.
When “Hot” add oil, onion, white portions from green onions, and poblano peppers.
Sauté for five minutes.
2. Add in the remainder of the ingredients (except for the pumpkin and beans) in the Instant Pot.
Put the lid on and move vent to Sealing, and set Instant Pot to Soup Mode (30 minutes).
3. When the timer ends release the pressure by doing a quick release.
When the pressure has released remove the lid, and put the Instant Pot to Sauté Mode.
Stir in the pumpkin and black beans, and cook until desired thickness is reached.
4. Serve with avocado, lime wedges, cilantro, tortilla chips, rice, cornbread, etc.
I updated the ingredients by adding the oil, changing quantity of fire-roasted tomatoes, added the use of Rotel, added the green onions, and changed the liquid from water to vegetable stock.
I updated the steps by adding the first step, the sautéing of the vegetables.