Tempe, Arizona to be exact — at least for a day or so. My internal clock is still on Eastern Time so I’ve decided to relax one morning and crank out a blog.
This Could Be My Last Year Of Flying
OMFG. I know that Memorial Day is ‘just around the corner’, but I figured that flying on a Wednesday afternoon would be a breeze. The “security” line was lined up through the center plaza to the other side of the building. Wow. At least the line moved more quickly then I thought it would.
Seriously though. When are we going to reverse this nonsensical business in the guise of security? Does anyone think that a bottle of shampoo is any more dangerous than the piping hot cup of coffee that they hand you in the plane?
But If It Is Not, I Could So Get Used To Flying First Class
It was exactly what I was afraid of. It was why I had never even thought of flying First Class in the past.
– Wide, comfortable seats
– A pre-flight beverage (I declined)
– A limited selection of Dish Network satellite tv (I watched the Red Sox v. Yankees on ESPN) or movies.
– A meal. Yes, I said a meal (chicken with au gratin potatoes and green beans, a salad, a roll, and a slice of cheesecake)
– As many “free” beverages as I desired (I have one glass of red wine, because I knew that I was going to have to drive a foreign car in a foreign land, and a cup of coffee)
I could get used to traveling if traveling was like this all of the time. Just wait until I blog about my back-of-the-bus coach seating flight home…
IP Flickr Pic
A generic photo.
For a generic post.
That Jill Is One Cool Chick
I dragged Jill (my Garmin Nuvi 350) with me and it has already paid dividends. I didn’t have to look at a single map in order to get from the airport to my hotel. Although Jill tried to get me to drive through the airport to get out — to which I declined and force her to recalculate her route — I got to the hotel with little difficulty.
I Almost Got It All Right
It never fails, even if I make a list of things to pack there are always a few things I forget
– point and shoot camera
– Moleskine notebooks and pen
And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal…
Current Mood – a little out of sync
Current Music – none
Website Of The Day – Most of you do not know about my love of Frank Lloyd Wright architecture. This morning I will be visiting Taliesin West, his West Coast campus, and taking one of the tours.
Exercise (b)Log – none
Mode Of Transportation To Work – none because I am not at work
1) Lose two pounds. (starting weight 200 lbs)
2) Exercise at least five days per week.
3) Read two books, specifically
3a) “722 Miles: The Building of the Subways and How They Transformed New York”
3b) “The Evolution Of Useful Things…”