Days come. Days go. I’ve just realized that I’ve forgotten a few milestone dates recently and today marks another.
– Monday May 28th, Memorial Day, marked my eighth anniversary of hashing. I’ll always remember the day because I started on a Monday night, specifically the Monday night following the hash’s annual Hedon camp out in Newnan, Georgia. I used to run my anniversary hash every year, but have trailed off in recent years. At least I have a good excuse this year — I was in another state.
– As of last Friday it’s been an entire year since I’ve been on a date. Wow, time flies when you are beating yourself up constantly for being a loser who cannot manage to convince a woman in whom you have interest to spend a mere few hours with you eating dinner and having drinks.
– Yesterday marked the 30th anniversary of the first day that Apple computers went on sale. I was a proud owner of an Apple //e, as my first computer back in 1985. That screaming machine was equipped with a 1MHz 65C02 processor, 128KB of RAM [edit: corrected from MB’s — we wish we had Megabytes in the 80’s], two 5.25″ floppy drives, and a green screen monitor. That machine cost me about $1500 and was purchased from Ray’s Computer Center in Clearwater, Florida. (I found the receipt in a file at home last night but was too lazy to snap a photo to upload)
– Today marks the one year anniversary of my food poisoning. It’s a day that is really easy to remember since it occurred on June 6th, 2006 (06/06/06). I’ll never forget the feeling. I do try to forget that it was also the night that I was booed by a bevy of female hashers when I entered the bar in which their “Chicks No Dicks” hash ended that evening (even though I was asked to show up).
And One More Reason To Mark The Date
Because it may be the day after I made a really stupid mistake. I received a call from a collection agency here in town. Confused as to why I would be receiving such a call, I returned their call. The woman could not find my phone number in her database, and after hearing that she dealt with the medical field I was certain this had to do with a bill dispute I’ve had with Virginia Highland Primary Care I gave her my social security number over the phone. Yes, I said I gave her my social security number over the phone! WHAT. THE. FUCK. WAS. I. THINKING!?!?! That might be the dumbest, fucking thing that I have ever done!
She still could not locate any record of me. Then, the woman told me that it was her last day on the job, but that I would most likely be receiving another call from them later in the day.
I’ve since verified that the phone number I called was for National Asset Recovery, but am still extremely concerned and angry that I would do something as stupid as willingly divulge my SSN in this age of identify theft.
Learn from my stupidity. Hopefully, I will not have to as well.
ITP Flickr Pic
Right now my confidence is about as big as the people in this photo.
I need to go out and shoot. Perhaps that will take my mind off of everything else.
And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal…
Current Mood – grumpy
Current Music – Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing The White Stripes — “Icky Thump”
Website Of The Day – Have you ever wondered what the ratio of residents-to-Waffle House is? Thanks to Mollie for supplying this link which maps out the ratio across the country.
Exercise (b)Log – none
Mode Of Transportation To Work – My car
1) Lose five pounds. (starting weight 200+ lbs)