Rain? Is this possible? Our Gubner goes all Holy on us and rain appears? I’m no believer, and this stunt is not going to convert me either. Shit, I wouldn’t put it past a politician to seed the clouds the day of the event…
Blame It On The Beer
Alcoholic beverages have not passed through my lips in the past eleven days. However, I have found it difficult to come to grips that I just can’t blame alcohol consumption for all of my shortcomings; it was such a convenient crutch.
For instance, keys and wallet placement. In the Great Olden Days I had a specific location to put these items and I never had to spend time rooting around looking for them. In relative Recent Times I gave up on this practice (something about someone telling me that I was too structured, yada, yada, yada). It was easy, and probably somewhat correct, to blame the alcohol as I scoured my house retracing my steps looking for my goods. “Oh yeah, that’s right! I went into the living room to watch television, and ooooh, did I also eat something?”
Now I have no vice to accuse. If the items are not together and in a logical place then it just must be that I no longer pay enough attention to what I am doing.
Reality is such a fucking bitch…
ITP Flickr Pic
I can imagine the Craigslist ad
“M warthog seeks F for short jaunts around our zoo pen followed by a little 69-style napping”
Seriously though, these two give me hope.
Hockey Night In Atlanta
For the better part of the game the Thrashers played like ass. And then magically with 2.6 seconds left in the game they scored a tying goal and then Ilya Kovalchuk received a perfect pass from Todd White and ended the game with a brilliant goal in overtime.
Other highlights from the evening
- It was Little Willy’s birthday. And, even though they put his name under the “group” announcements instead of the “Happy Birthday” announcements, I managed to get a photo of the JumboTron. (I will post the picture as soon as I get the photos off the camera, Willy)
- I felt a little like an idiot savant as I saw my old friend and former business lawyer Lawrence, who I haven’t seen in over ten years. I met Lawrence at the old Bally’s gym on Roswell Road in Sandy Springs because he was wearing a NY Jets t-shirt one day. fwiw – I am usually really good at recognizing people, except of course when they are pointing guns at me.
- I signed up to volunteer for the 2008 NHL All-Star Game which will be played in Atlanta.
- Instead of getting two meats with my Chinese food in CNN Center I got one meat and mixed vegetables with my rice. What has happened to me?
Overall the night was a blast.
Attn: George’s Runners
There is an outside chance that I will be running with you tonight. If I can get out of my now-weekly 5pm meeting I will jump on the train and head to George’s when I get to my car. If I can’t get out of the meeting I will most likely do a solo run from my car and then head directly home to avoid the temptation of the beers.
And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal…
Current Mood – searching for meaning
Current Music – Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing The Faint — “I Disappear”
Website Of The Day – Whilst thinking about Twain (and not the bar in Decatur this time) I came across Twain Quotes.
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Monthly Foot Mileage – 26.5 miles
Monthly Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Mode Of Transportation To Work – Marta
Beers Consumed Since 11/03 – 0
1) Run no fewer than 25 miles
2) Not worry about running the Atlanta Half-Marathon
3) Read at least one book