I just scrapped a lot of “lonely me bullshit,” no time for that these days. Instead I’ve taken the time to drive to Trinidad, Colorado to shop at Wal*Mart (sad, but true) because I needed a few things.
Intermittent Internet Drives Me Insane
For the third night out of four the hotel’s internet connection has had “issues.” This time the signal is weak and occasionally drops out.
I know I have an internet addiction. I admit to all that I have an internet addiction. Hell, I’ve not turned on a television in the past five days (don’t tell my employer) because I’ve been getting my entertainment via podcasts.
I will as far as proclaim that I’d rather have a good internet over a comfortable bed. That’s how much internet connections mean to me.
Let The Hashing Begin!
But before it does, I’ve driven to Trinidad to make a few purchases. I incorrectly assumed that Walsenburg, being situated along I-25 and fairly “large” on a map, was more of a town than it really is.
Here’s what I bought
– A new 160GB portable hard drive. The intent was to purchase a new 4GB CompactFlash card, but one of those was half the price of the hard drive. And since it was my intent to back up the 12GB of photos that I’ve already taken on this trip, this will do the job nicely.
– A(nother) runner’s water bottle, because I didn’t think to pack one.
– Some long running pants. I didn’t read the trail descriptions prior to packing and apparently we will be running through some cacti tomorrow.
Have A Great Labor Day Weekend Everyone!
I’ll be back on Tuesday with a blog entry.
And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal…
Current Mood – tired, but no longer feeling sorry for myself
Current Music – silence as I am sitting in a coffee shop
Website Of The Day – As I write this John McCain has picked a woman for his Vice Presidential running-mate. Come November this country’s history will change dramatically. I am sure that The History Channel is already getting their ducks in a row in preparation for the election.
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Monthly Foot Mileage – 5 miles
Monthly Wheel Mileage – 50 miles
Mode Of Transportation To Work – n/a 🙂
Monthly Marta Rides – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) –
27 (110) on hold because it’s not my job.
Books To Read To Earn Kindle – 4
1) Run/Walk no fewer than 75 miles
2) Ride no fewer than 150 road miles
3) Ride Marta no fewer than ten times (five round-trips)
4) Read at least two books
5) Make my bed every day