Last night’s trip OTP was an interesting one. The sky at sunset was brilliant, but I didn’t have the proper photography equipment to capture it. I ate vegetarian at Chick-fil-A, not to be assumed that I ate a healthy meal. And finally I attended another highly-attended meeting of the Roswell Photographic Society, this time for Critique Night.
Having no idea what to expect I did not enter a shot for critiquing. Now that I have seen one round I will definitely be ready to enter something in the future. I may not have the best photo of the night, but I will definitely learn something from the critique.
Oddly last night I saw two people, and was even introduced to one, that I know from former “lives.” One person I used to volunteer with occasionally during my days of Trees Atlanta volunteering. And as best as I can remember, the other one used to work out at Jeanne’s Body Tech back in the days when I used to work out. Small town, this is.
One Book Done!
Okay, so it turned out that How to Be Happy, Dammit: A Cynic’s Guide to Spiritual Happiness was an extremely quick read. I don’t want to discount the message provided by the book, however. It was a quick, rewarding read. I want to thank ITP-Reader Betsy for hoisting it upon me / lending it to me on Drinkmas.
ITP Flickr Pic
My second trip into Java Lords (who is as timely with website redesigns as I am — snark!) on Sunday yielded this
I never saw the Elvis statuette earlier in the day, so I’m quite glad that I entered for another coffee later in the day.
iPhone Users : Help A Brother Out!!!
I’m seeking a killer app for my iPhone. This app is attainable, but after spending $3 for one that I thought accomplished my task but hasn’t, I turn to you.
This is what I want exactly. I want a re-usable shopping list:
- I should be able to create multiple, independent lists
- All lists should be synchronized to a server/computer so that I can either make changes on my Mac or iPhone and have the changes transmitted to the other
- For each list I should be able to create a master list of items and check off those which I need
- I should be able to uncheck each item as it’s acquired, but not lose the item from the list
Here’s a sample list before heading to the store
X Biscuits (frozen)
X Wine (red)
Here’s the list after not being able to purchase alcohol on Sunday
X Wine (red)
Had I the time and skill to write it I would. Anyone know of such a beast? I’d even settle for the ability to set up these lists without synchronizing, but synchronization would be much nicer.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay
Current Music – listening to the “Sound Opinions” podcast
Website Of The Day – Pure Mac may not provide my shopping list solution, but it is a good resource for Mac software.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Foot Mileage – 3 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 13 (13)
Vegetarian Days – 2
Carnivorous Days – 10
Marta Rides – 0
– Complete all necessary work on the dining room (not going to lie, I picked an easy room first)
– Lose no fewer than two pounds
– Run no fewer than 50 miles
– Completely read Softbox Lighting Techniques for Professional Photographers, Conceptual Blockbusting: A Guide to Better Ideas, and How to Be Happy, Dammit: A Cynic’s Guide to Spiritual Happiness
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem