If you read the short little post I put up yesterday afternoon then you’ve already seen the “news.” It seems that my friend Tami at Running With Tweezers has a contact with one of the AJC‘s blog writers, John Kessler. Kessler picked up the “Eat/Drink for $30/Week” gauntlet and ran with it by posting a blog entry, which pointed at Tami’s blog, which in turn pointed at Seven-Day Project, which forced me to get that online asap. It is. It’s barren. But I am still pleased.
Cleanup From Yesterday
I was going to jovially announce that the clock in my car finally illuminates, making the $1850 in repairs all seem worth it. Well, if you were around yesterday your know the rest of the story. There is a long story about the clock’s inability to illuminate, but I’ve lost the momentum on it
My mother turned seventy-nine yesterday. Seventy-nine. I’m not sure that I’ll make it that far, but I am glad that she has.
Yesterday is behind me, I’m moving forward.
ITP Flickr Pic
$28.79 spent at Kroger
Not all of this will be eaten this week, therefore not all of the $28.79 gets applied to my $30 for this week.
Rethinking My Marta Strategy
The past two days I took Marta to fetch my car from Curry Honda. I’ve been thinking of taking the train more often, including making it a future Seven-Day Project. However, I may have to rethink this based on the past day’s service.
On Monday a train departed the Dunwoody platform as I arrived, more my problem then theirs. But then the next train blew through the Dunwoody station without stopping causing us all to wait at least another five minutes.
Last night once again the train left the platform as I arrived. Again, not their fault, just bad luck. The next train arrived in a timely matter, only to come to a halt at the Buckhead station for about ten minutes as we waited for not one, but two, disabled trains to clear the Lindbergh Center station.
Tonight It’s All About TweetUp And Top Chef
One of Atlanta’s monthly TweetUps will be occurring tonight at 7pm at Manuel’s Tavern (damn, I should have packed some laundry). I’ll be there, sticking to budget, and perhaps doing some photography.
However, I’ll be leaving the TweetUp early enough to get home to watch tonight’s Top Chef finale.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – broke, but relieved
Current Music – listening to this week’s “MacBreak Weekly” podcast
Website Of The Day – I was a very late adopter of Arrested Development but now can’t wait until the movie is released. (oh, and I guess I should finish watching the series on dvd)
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car (w/o involving Curry Honda!)
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 25 (25)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 24
Marta Rides – 0
– Complete all necessary work on my bed room
– Lose no fewer than one pound
– Run no fewer than 30 miles
– Completely read Softbox Lighting Techniques for Professional Photographers, and Conceptual Blockbusting: A Guide to Better Ideas
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem