Each Winter deciduous trees drop a portion of their past and generate anew each Spring. I am trying to do the same. It’s time for me to shed some of my past and concentrate on generating something new.
I’m Contemplating The Separation Of Twitter And Facebook
I’m finding that following the actions of so many people, many of whom are on both Twitter and Facebook, has been chewing up a lot of my time. I’ve decided that I do not wish to spend so much of my time pursuing both of these endeavors and am contemplating dropping people in Twitter who I also have as Facebook friends. This seems like a severe severance of ties but may be the only way that I can effectively use both tools.
Have you encountered this problem? What was your solution.
I May Be Falling For Baseball Again
And the iPhone may be playing the roll of Cupid.
For part of my drive home yesterday I listened to the afternoon baseball game between the San Francisco Giants and the Los Angeles Dodgers. Sadly the LA Dodgers play-by-play was not being done by Vince Scully when I was listening and the audio dropped out when I entered an area only served by AT&T‘s EDGE network, but while I was listening all was magical and it was like being a kid all over again.
Digital Download Of The Day
This recommendation is going to cost you money, a mere $4 if you act today. Today Silversun Pickups release a new CD called “Swoon.” I’ve heard one or two of the songs and think they are good, but truth be told I am buying (and recommending) this CD today because of how much I enjoyed their last CD “Carnavas” and the fact that if you download it today from Amazon it will only cost you $4.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – harried
Current Music – listening to yesterday’s “Buzz Out Loud” podcast
Website Of The Day – 100 Abandoned Houses is a photo exhibit documenting, you guessed it, one hundred abandoned house, in Detroit.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Foot Mileage – 3 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 14 (14)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 13
Marta Rides – 0
none, and this is not an April Fools joke
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem