April Fools! Actually, there are things I love about my house, but like anyone who owns a money-eating car, boat, house, or whatever, there are things that are driving me insane.
Back To The Front
I just keep reminding myself that my yard work is more of a marathon than a sprint. This is the only way that I can avoid being dejected.
Last night as I entertained a guy who will be making a cost estimate to repair my carport and damaged portion of my gutters, as well as paint the soffit and ironwork of my house I started to fight the front yard again.
To my pleasure my Ryobi gas-powered multi-tool (I have the string trimmer, edger, and bush trimming attachments) actually started with only a little convincing. Sure, the gas was a bit old (and stabilized) and I had to yank the cord (settle down, Francis) in order to get the engine going, but once I did it it ran like a champ.
I still have much yard work to do, but I just need to keep reminding myself that it is a marathon and not a sprint.
And did I cover in clothing from head to toe last night? You bet your ass I did.
Taking A New Look On Life (Again)
Yesterday I received a piece of news which made me stop and think. A friend of a friend passed away on his way to work yesterday; he was twenty-nine. Twenty-nine? That’s almost fifteen years younger than me.
“Why do I keep putting things off when I have no idea when it will all end?” was the first thing that crossed my mind.
I’m not going to profess to change radically, a little bit every day is all I can commit to doing. I’m not recommending that you to change if you are living the life that you desire; all I’m doing is to remind you that our time is limited — enjoy it the best you can.
Guilty Confession Time
As a reward for working hard in the yard last night I watched a movie. The movie? 8 Mile. I was a energized by it last night as I was when I first saw it in the theater in 2002.
Oh, and as I surfed IMDB to get that 8 Mile link I saw that today is Cate Blanchett’s 40th birthday — still looking good for an old lady.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – tired
Current Music – catching up on multiple podcasts
Website Of The Day – Saw a commercial yesterday for the Fifty Million Pound Challenge and was intrigued. Sadly it’s about losing weight and not winning 50 Million units of former British currency.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – yard work
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 4 (4)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 12
Marta Rides – 0
Whoops, I didn’t even consider this. Perhaps something will be here on Monday.
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem