The weekend almost went as planned. On Friday evening I made it to Smith’s Olde Bar for the Trampled By Turtles show, but I arrived a little before the doors opened and in the time sitting there waiting for them to open I got depressed and decided to head home. I’m sure that they put on a great show, but because of my mindset I doubt that I would have gotten my money’s worth.
I’m A Cynic, I’m A Convert
When Six Feet Under moved to its new location I was very skeptical of Tin Lizzy Cantina, the Mexican restaurant which took its place. East Atlanta has three Mexican restaurants, so why should I drive to Cabbagetown to get Mexican, and if I’m going to drive there, why not eat at Mi Barrio?
I now have reasons. I met up with my friends David and Victor at Tin Lizzy for drinks and dinner prior to heading to Smith’s as mentioned above. The food and drink were delicious; along with a mass of chips and different dips I ate two tacos — a greek, and a southwestern chicken.
While I didn’t need another Mexican option I’m glad I have one.
Autos, And Ivy, And Snakes, Oh My!
Two out of three ain’t bad in this instance as well. A handful of us met up and drove to Old Car City in White, GA for a morning of shooting old cars. We were warned of snakes in the grass but thankfully none were seen. We identified plenty of poison ivy and thankfully none appears to have gotten to me yet.
ITP Flickr Pic
Strolling around the Old Car City was a great lesson in American Industrial Design from the past seventy years.
This is a hood ornament from a Cadillac which sat in the yard. I’m sure these ornate hood ornaments killed gas mileage, but damn they are cool.
Well, That’s One Way To Lose Weight
I purchased a small bottle of milk this morning. I really should learn to look at expiration date before opening it and taking a swig. YUCK! It turns out that the bottle I selected had a expiration date of June 13th!!!! It should go without saying that I didn’t consume any more, thus saving me about 250 Calories.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – tired and trying to get my head around all that I have to do this week
Current Music – listening to the “Sound Of Young America” podcast
Website Of The Day – I’m not a girl, but I’m usually hungry so I can still recommend Hungry Girl. One out of two ain’t bad.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – hashing yesterday
Monday Morning Weigh-In – 202 pounds (not good, not good at all)
Foot Mileage – 4 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 22 (22)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 22 (bacon eaten this morning)
Marta Rides – 0
– lose four pounds… plain and simple (not going to happen)
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem