I’m back to paying two bills by writing checks and mailing them through the US Postal Service. In one case the bill is accompanied by a $5 “convenience charge” if I pay electronically, and in the other no form of electronic payment is offered. Remind me, is this 2009 or 1989?
This blog’s title has another meaning as well. Even though it’s Friday I’m not feeling “it” today. Therefore this is going to be an extremely brief blog.
– I’ll be at The EARL tonight and Sunday.
– If I go to Black Sheep Hash on Sunday it’s only because Little Easy is the hare.
– I’m disappointed with the start of The Office this season. I think that we’ve seen its best work in the past.
– I’ve decided that I am not going to have anything ready for the Atlanta Photography Exhibit “Southern Fried Photographers” exhibit. I have no other excuse other than I didn’t get my shit together.
– Good luck to those of you crazy enough to ride the gaps this weekend. Keep pedaling and stay hydrated.
That is all.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – shitty
Current Music – listening to a recent “Coverville” podcast
Website Of The Day – If you can’t figure what is going to happen when you click on the Mister Nice Hands website then I should(n’t) warn you to turn you computer’s volume down so you are the only one who can hear it.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 200 pounds
Foot Mileage – 5 miles, Wheel Mileage – 171 miles
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 4 (10)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 23
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Take at least one photo every day
– Restart work on house, actually making progress this time (note: not successful during August)
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
I didn’t think The Office was as funny as it “should” be last year, so it has been booted off my DVR. Too many other shows at 9pm on Thursdays (yes, I do watch Grey’s Anatomy, but only when Allan isn’t home).
I’m just praying for no rain Sunday, the boys are riding the tough gaps, I’m just riding the easy ones. I set up massages with a friend for Allan & I on Monday, that will make the ride worth it! (and, she comes to the house, how cool is that!)
I don’t require The Office to be funny. In fact, I respected the British version for not being funny during their second, and final, season. However, I think that the “baby” and “co-manager” story lines are contrived.
I’m hoping for dry weather for you too, Barb (and Bob — who may read this later). I’m also hoping for dry weather for me since I want to get a long ride in (on flat surfaces) either Saturday or Sunday.
Thanks Paulie! It looks like it will be crappy on Saturday but Sunday looks real nice according to weather.com.
Barb, a massage sounds MUCH better than sitting in a car all day Monday driving to Orlando. Monday may be the longest day ever.
well – if your legs are tight & stiff, you couldn’t move anyway, so riding in a car for 7 hours, what could be more fun! 😉
Bob, if you are driving to Orlando on Monday I hope that you yell “I’m going to Disney World!” at the end of the century on Sunday.
Unfortunately my mood still is shitty. Thanks to my brother for calling trying to cheer me up, though. I think that I’ll make this an isolationist weekend and return focused on Monday.
Paulie – what a great idea.
Bob – Bruce Dickman is announcing – I can imagine what his reaction would be if you yelled that!
That would be funny! I need some mouse ears to attach to my helmet.
As soon as Pam and Jim said “we’re having a baby,” The Office jumped the shark…so sad.
Amazing Race season premier on Sunday!
Oh yeah, Amazing Race. I’ll have to set the DVR.
Terri, expect a FB message sometime Sunday with my pick to get ousted on the first show. If you want to pick a pair to for the iTunes game that Stacy (Cheese Nips) and I have then send one to the two of us as well.
1) Pick a pair that you expect to get eliminated
2) If correct, you get to assign a single song to the other participants that they must purchase and put onto their iPod.