Still in Raleigh.
Last night I checked into a hotel in which I’ve never stayed. Naturally I asked about wireless internet. Before reserving a room in this hotel I made sure that internet connectivity was available, and even that there was no extra charge involved. Unfortunately the one thing I couldn’t check was that the connectivity was wireless or wired.
As you might correctly assume, this hotel does not provide wireless in the room. To their credit they do have ethernet cables to lend, but unfortunately for me they are rather short. Who wants to be forced to sit at the desk and work? Not me for sure… It may be high time (or perhaps too late) for me to pack my Airport Express when I travel so that I can set up my own wireless internet access in any room in which I stay.
ITP Flickr Pic
Yesterday I got to spend some time at the Raleigh/Durham airport. Was I planning on flying? No, not yet. Instead we went to what’s known as the “General Airport” to watch planes take off and land.
I didn’t have the lens necessary to take photos of the planes taking off and landing, so I settled on taking a photo of this nice jet awaiting passengers.
RealiTV Update : The Race Has Returned And Now I Need To Buy Music
I’m pleased that The Amazing Race has returned. Three episodes in and we’ve already seen our first non-elimination leg.
As I’ve done in seasons past I’ve entered into the prediction game with ITP-Reader Stacy. This season we’ve also managed to drag ITP-Reader Terri into the game. For those unfamiliar with our prediction game, here’s how it works.
Before the beginning of each episode each person predicts which Amazing Race pair will be eliminated at the end of the show; non-elimination episodes are treated as ties. When an eliminated pair has been picked the picker gets to force his/her opponents to purchase a song from iTunes.
Stacy correctly predicted the elimination of Marcie and Ron (I incorrectly chose the poker playing girls) and thus later this week I’ll be adding another song to my collection.
I’m beginning to love the cast of characters who have been selected to run this season’s race. I think that’ll I not-so-secretly enjoy seeing each get on each other’s nerve causing strife in the race running.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay. but not great (mentally or physically)
Current Music – listening to this week’s “This Week In Tech” podcast
Website Of The Day – Sadly Gourmet Magazine announced that it’s ceasing publication after its November issue.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – company rental car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Foot Mileage – 3 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 3, Carnivorous Days – 2
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Take at least one photo every day
– Restart work on house, actually making progress this time (note: not successful during August)
– Reduce my weight to 190 pounds (today’s weight was 199.5 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C (iPhone development) and Ruby on Rails (Black Sheep web page concept)
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem