I left the office at 5pm, headed to the (thankfully empty) laundromat, ate a grilled pork Banh Mi at Lee’s Bakery while laundry was washing, listened to an hour’s worth of Stephen King’s “On Writing” while laundry dried, got home and put laundry away, then almost immediately fell asleep. If all else was right in my world it would have been an incredible night.
Admittedly I was so tired that I didn’t get very far, but I’m glad that this process has started; it’s all part of my “Grand Plan.”
ITP Flickr Pic
For many years I’ve wanted to start relearning how to draw. At least two years ago I saw this Figure Drawing kit in a book store (it might have had something to do with the wee little mannequin) and bought it.
This will be the year that I actually open this and start to relearn. Now all I have to do is find the time…
From this shot I see that I should also spend some time learning about lighting, Photoshop, and making the time to take quality photos.
I just spent a couple of minutes cleaning up my stats for the past few days. While I don’t consider myself to be a perfectionist I do like to present the facts correctly.
Do You Have A Transit Savings Plan?
Yesterday it was hinted that one of the new benefits that will be offered at my office is a Government (oooh, which reminds me that I need to get stuff done for my Income Taxes) approved Transit Savings Plan. Essentially this works just like a Health Savings Plan in that you store away pre-tax dollars to be used for a specific application — in this case paying for mass-transit or parking.
While I’m contemplating starting one, who knows it may reignite my Marta riding, I don’t really believe that this will be a financial boon. The most one can set aside is $230 per month, much more than the $60 per month fee for a Marta Breeze Card. Assuming that I put away $60 per month that means I’d put away $720 for the entire year, which won’t save me all that much in taxes…
Does anyone else have (and use) a Transit Savings Plan?
Speaking Of Health Care
I don’t get into politics much in this here blog, mostly because I’m completely ignorant on the matter. What I would like to express is that I’d like a Health Care plan that wouldn’t have me considering waiting until March to get a physical because that’s when my annual deductible rolls over and feel like I’m pissing away money if I get one now instead of waiting. If I can’t have that then I’d rather we have no Health Care plans, bring medical/drug costs down to realistic realms, and pay for everything out of our pockets instead of relying on insurance.
And that’s all I have to say about that.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay, wish the pressure in my chest would go away
Current Music – listening to the “This Week In Computer Hardware” podcast
Website Of The Day – TV Game Show fans unite! Go check out Game Show Utopia.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 199 pounds
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 41
Foot Mileage – 6 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 20, Situps – 50
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 3 (12*)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 18
Marta Rides – 0
* – because I stripped the bed instead of making the bed
– Not get fired from my job
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the JalapeÃ±o Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in PHP and CSS
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem