There’s really no central theme to today’s post. Sorry, some days are like this.
The Results Are In — I’m Going To Live
Via a voicemail at home I heard the blood test results from my doctor yesterday. As he guessed there was no drama to report other than the fact that I have a slightly higher-than-desired “Bad” cholesterol count. His advice was from me to start exercising again (hmm, where have I heard that before?) in order to keep things in check.
Company Man : Identity Crisis
Yesterday I finally started to think about setting up my own Limited Liability Company (LLC). Finally! I’ve been at Step One a few times before, including checking the Georgia Secretary of State’s website to make sure that no one had previously registered the name “Jalapeño Beach LLC” — like someone would have…
What had seemingly gone unnoticed before is that there is already a Georgia company called “Jalapeño Software LLC.” This causes me concern because software development is one of the businesses in which Jalapeño Beach would delve and I wouldn’t want to cause confusion. Further, after a check of Jalapeño Software’s website I noticed that their logo and color scheme were similar to those that I was going to use for my (new and improved) Jalapeño Beach website. Harumph!
I do have another name in mind, which I shan’t share at the moment since I’ve yet to register the domain for it, so I might have to suck it up and shift gears to Plan “B.”
What would you do?
I’d like to set up my LLC very soon so that I can start making purchases of items I need in order to launch my business.
I’m Going Back To (iTunes) University
Yesterday I started downloading the latest semester’s worth of the “iPhone Application Develpment” course offered by Stanford University via iTunesU. I still have the lectures from the Winter 2009 semester but figured that there is probably new, relatively important information presented now since the iPhone OS has been updated.
I’m hoping these lectures will kick-start my iPhone (and iPad) development process.
Not Another Night At The Office
Last weekend I sat down to watch what a new episode of “The Office.” Oddly, there was no such episode on my DVR at home. Yesterday I noticed that there was a new episode on my DVR at work though.
When I returned home last night I fired up my DVR to find that all of my recording timers had been deleted. WTF? So, I recreated the ones I had for “Good Eats,” “The Office,” and “Ace of Cakes,” along with new timers for the upcoming season of Survivor and The Amazing Race. RealiTV is coming back baby!
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – uncertain
Current Music – listening to an interview with photographer Rick Sammon
Website Of The Day – If my second company name falls through I could always look to Nameboy to generate one for me.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 203 pounds (hmmm, that’s not good)
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 52
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 6 (3*)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 8
Marta Rides – 0
* – since I stayed in a hotel
– Not get fired from my job
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in PHP and CSS
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem