Since I’m not there. I’m not there. I’m not there.
Greetings from my stay over in Charlotte, NC. I drove up here yesterday afternoon, made it to the hotel, bought a six pack of Sierra Nevada and a Cheerwine from the gas station near the hotel, and stayed in all night. As you read this, I’m most likely performing the second half of my journey to Raleigh, NC.
The Great Green Bean Shortage Of ’10
You know that I’m a naturally cranky person, just image how I am when I’m ill.
I finally got going a little after noon when I pointed my car in the direction of Chamblee for lunch because I had a craving for Chinese green beans (and sausage). I drove up to Buford Highway and stopped in QT to fill up the Jackmobile for my journey. From QT I started my journey up Clairmont to the Chinese Food Court on New Peachtree. At Dresden we all got stopped because there was a gas line repair in progress. As I neared New Peachtree I saw a long line of traffic due to road construction near Peachtree Industrial. So, Mr. Smarty Pants cut down a side street which would allow me to avoid traffic, only to have to wait about five minutes for a damn cement truck(!) to pull out of someone’s yard after it was done dumping its load for a new driveway. Cursing like a sailor with increasing hunger I finally made it around the cement truck and into the food court.
I stepped up to the Chinese Hot Pot place:
- Me: “I’d like the string beans please.”
- Restaurateur: “String bean? I think we’re out of string bean.”
- Me: “Seriously?”
- Restaurateur: “This morning everyone wanted string bean.”
- Restaurateur: “Let me check. Yes, we’re out.”
- Me: “Dammit.”
I walked over to the Chinese BBQ place:
- Me: “I’d like the string beans please.”
- Restaurateur #1: “We’re out of string bean.”
- Me: “What? You’ve got to be kidding!”
- Restaurateur #2: “No. We’re out of string beans.”
Walking out of the food court:
- Me: “Shit.”
With my frustration at Code Red I headed back down Buford Highway to try a Chinese buffet, mostly because they often have large pans of green beans available, that I’d never tried before. Not only did they not have green beans, their food was some of the worst Chinese buffet food that I’ve ever eaten.
Mea Culpa And It Maya Helpa
Last week I bitched about the software put out by Zinio needing Rosetta to run on my Mac. Well. the other day I mentioned it on Twitter as well, and wouldn’t you know that they have a beta version that doesn’t require Rosetta and they’ve added me to their beta list. It seems to work well, too. Score!
Having this software will allow me to read, and potentially purchase more, magazines on my computer. As you may guess this pleases me since I’m still trying to live by my desire to not purchase any physical media. Even better (or perhaps worse) they have a decent selection of Mac and photography magazines.
Oh, and they have a small selection of books too?
I like it. I like it. I like it.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – dunno really, because I’m writing this well before you read it
Current Music – listening to a variety of short podcasts as I write this.
Website Of The Day – There’s a new way to save at Atlanta restaurants! Check out the offerings at ScoutMob.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – not taken, but I feel fat
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 52
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 8* (3)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 10
Marta Rides – 0
* – since I stayed in a hotel
– Not get fired from my job
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in PHP and CSS
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem