Walking around the house this morning I had so many ideas about what I planned to write today. Where they all went, I shall never know.
Who Knew It Would Be So Difficult?
When I used the only two respirator cartridges that I had last Sunday I had no idea it would be such an ordeal to try and find more. I assumed that I bought the respirator and cartridges from Home Depot but trips to two different locations were fruitless.
I attempted to stop at the Ace Hardware in Brookhaven last night but was astonished to find that it closes at 6:00pm each evening! WTF?!?! Of course I arrived at 6:15pm. 🙁
I made my way to Lowe’s in Edgewood Retail District, but came up empty there as well.
I really hate to say this, but I may have to purchase a whole new respirator just so that I have one for which I can purchase replacement filters. Stupid consumer-spending driven society.
ITP Flickr Pic
I dug deep into the recesses of the ITP Estate last night and pulled out this 1999 Côtes du Rhône. For the record I have no idea how long one is supposed to cellar a Côtes du Rhône, but thankfully this bottle hadn’t corked and its contents tasted delicious.
Now if I’d only learn to take better photos…
Who Knew It Could Be So Easy?
The reason I pulled out a bottle of old wine last night was that I headed over to ITP-Reader Betsy’s house. When we ate dinner together last week I agreed to go over to her place and help her with an issue with her computer. Rather than go out to eat and then do computer work, we ordered in from Burger Win (FTW!) and I must admit that their Chinese/Thai food was pretty damn delicious.
Fortunately for me the only thing I needed to do on Betsy’s laptop in order to fix her problems was install some software. With the newly-found free time she and I sat and watched an episode of The F Word before I headed home.
House Work 2.0
With my new-found care for the ITP Estate I plan to spend much of this weekend attempting to repair problems that are in my scope of capability (which is not very large when it comes to house repair).
This weekend I’m also hoping to catch the ear of a couple of people who have more skills at fixing things around the house. Perhaps I can work out some sort of monetary deal to facilitate getting things done.
Also, yesterday I took a look at the windows in my basement. For some reason the burglar bars were installed inside the window panes. (note to self: clean these!) I wonder if I should see if in the future it would be better to replace these windows or to see if there is some sort of storm window which can be installed in order to make them more energy efficient.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fat
Current Music – silence in an attempt to kick this blog out as quickly as possible
Website Of The Day – If you have some free time to kill I suggest doing so by checking out Fantastic Contraption (or coming over to my house to do free labor).
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 205 pounds
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 52
Foot Mileage – ~4 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 20
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 1 (19)
Vegetarian Days – 3, Carnivorous Days – 22
Marta Rides – 0
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the new LLC moving…
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in PHP and CSS
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem