Unless you know of a social engagement to which I’ve committed to attend, but have overlooked.
I Now Know Why It’s Called “Blue”land
The Thrashers put on a sad performance last evening leaving most everyone in attendance blue. There was one notable exception in our group, ITP-Reader Barb’s husband Allan who was sporting his NJ Devils’ jersey while cheering them one. I guess Barb is somewhat of a Devils fan as well as her cousin Jamie Langenbrunner (spelling has not been checked) plays for them.
Even with the Thrashers getting shutout the evening was a good time. I consumed a (relatively) small portion of “Chinese” food and one massive Sierra Nevada from Gorin’s. I’ll call my “restraint” a win.
ITP Flickr Pic
Finally got my new shadow box set up and figured out how to use my wireless flash capability. Look forward to many more “studio” shots. I’m sorry. No I’m not. 🙂
Anyway, this shot highlights something that bothers me. Compact Fluorescent bulbs were marketed as great replacement for incandescent bulbs because they used less electric, generated less heat, and lasted much longer. The last of those marketing promises seems to be invalid.
This bulb, which you may be able to tell was installed on 7/2/07, didn’t last the “much longer” time that I was promised. This photo is generous as well because this bulb expired months ago and I finally found the time to take this show therefore the bulb lasted two-and-a-half years at best.
Now I have a package containing Mercury that I need to dispose of properly. I’ve heard that Home Depot does CFL recycling (does REI?) so I’ll have to investigate.
A Fax? Really?
At times I’m amazed how hard the world tries to hold on to past technology. Yesterday I signed Sharpened Stone up for Apple’s Developers Program and received an email telling me that I needed to fax them some paperwork in order to complete the process.
What is this, 1987?
Are we still loading applications onto computers using 3.5″ floppy discs?
So today I’ll be faxing Apple the required paperwork because I’m itching to feel like a business.
I’m Taking A Bit Of An iGamble
I had no hesitation telling every one that I was going to pre-order an iPad 3G. But now there is hesitation. Oh, don’t get me wrong, I will own one the day that the 3G model is released, it’s just that I don’t know if I’ll pre-order.
With the initial WiFi-only release Apple gave you the option of either picking it up at an Apple store, or having it delivered somewhere on the release day. For the 3G pre-order no such option is provided — its shipping only — and there is no guaranteed delivery for the release day.
So, I think I’m going to gamble that Apple will have sufficient 3G stock when its released. And, on that day, I casually walk over to Perimeter Mall, plunk down my Sharpened Stone credit card, and walk out the proud owner of an iPad (hoping not to get mugged while doing so).
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – Somehow choosing Pollen.com seemed appropriate for today. (Hey ITP-Readers Lisa and Randy: According to them Raleigh is one of today’s “Worst Cities.” Congratulations!)
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 200 pounds
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 52
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 2 (2)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 6
Marta Rides – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the new LLC moving…
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account I opened the other day.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in PHP and CSS
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem