For the next umteen days there will be at least one thing about iPads. I (somewhat) apologize to you Apple Haters and Luddites. I can’t help it, this device is going to rule my life for a while.
iPad’s Missing Applications?
When iPad was introduced we were told that it would run all of the (non-camera-requiring) iPhone applications. I had heard that iBooks was not pre-loaded on the device, but would be available for download upon launch. What I didn’t realize was that not all of Apple’s seminal iPhone apps would be making the technology leap.
I could be heard mumbling loudly as I perused the App Store on Saturday.
I am still confused as to why certain Apple applications are missing. If you have any insight please share the information in a comment.
Last night I was the guy who goes to Five Guys and doesn’t order a burger. It wasn’t that I was on a vegetarian day, it was that I wasn’t all that hungry and know that an order of Five Guys’ fries was more than enough to satiate my hunger. I was right.
Last night’s RPS meeting was more interesting than I imagined that it would be. One of the members gave a Photoshop / Photoshop Elements presentation. While he stumbled a bit and didn’t provide a wide spectrum of information he did manage to convince me to upgrade my Photoshop Elements from version 6 to version 8. Now if I could only time the pricing right on Amazon I’ll be golden.
ITP Flickr Pic
Yesterday I pumped up the color. Today, I take it all away. I think I subconsciously picked images which were diametrically opposite to the weather on the day I posted them. Interesting…
For those who’ve ridden past “the tree farm” during the Wilson 100, this is the hearth on the tree farm.
(btw #1 – If you are ever interested in locating one of these hearths, simply click the photo. That will take you to Flickr, and in the bottom right hand corner you’ll see a link to my photo map.)
(btw #2 – If you are ever interested in buying my photos, contact me. Matted (white or black mats are available) photos are priced accordingly:
- 5″x7″ photo, 8″X10″ mat (limited to 100 prints) – $20
- 8″x10″ photo, 11″x14″ mat (limited to 50 prints) – $40
- 11″x14″ photo, 16″xX20″ mat (limited to 25 prints) – $60
- 16″x20″ photo, 20″x24″ mat (limited to 5 prints) – $100
Sorry, but shipping is not included in the prices.)
I Wish The Internet Was Always Accurate
The other day I was searching for a brand of yeast called Red Star; it’s the brand recommended by Öster, the manufacturer of my bread machine.
Lo and behold, Red Star has a website (see above) and on that website they have a store locator. So, I typed in my zip code to find that my local IGA carries the Red Star brand. To say that I find this IGA a little unsettling is an understatement. (ITP-Martha, have you ever gone in there?)
On Saturday I decided to buck-up and go in to purchase some Red Star yeast. Not only did they not have any Red Star yeast, they had no indicators saying that they’ve ever carried, or ever intend to carry, Red Star yeast. Dangen!
I may wind up trying the IGA on Clairmont/Briarcliff (the old Piggly Wiggly) on one of my trips home this week.
If you have a local source of Red Star yeast, or know of a better yeast to use with bread machines, then please share the information in a comment.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – strange
Current Music – silence as I write today
Website Of The Day – While I don’t agree with all of their choices, Mac|Life’s “99 iPhone/iPad Apps You Must Download” is an interesting list. (Have I mentioned that the iPad is going to rule my life?)
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 200 pounds
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 67
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 4 (4)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 3
Marta Rides – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem