Welcome to the future, friends. I am writing today’s post using my iPad. I assume this will be difficult and won’t contain many links because I know that my TextExpander snippets don’t work on the iPad (yet). What can I say, I’m a glutton for punishment.
Hmmm, I just recalled that WordPress has some buttons to help with the formatting, perhaps I’ll lean on those for help today.
A Strange Cinco
Last night i battled some horrendous traffic to get to my first drinking destination. It took me at least forty minutes to travel from my office near Perimeter Mall to Charlie Mopps on Roswell Rd near 285.
Charlie Mopps, once the first Taco Mac that I frequented, is not much different from the smoky dive of the mid-1990s. While inside I had some serious flashbacks to those days. My feeling of deja vu was probably not helped by the fact that I also knew two people from my “other” lives in the bar (the hasher Dickwoody and a guy named Wade with whom I used to play poker). The inside of Charlie Mopps is about the only thing still similar to the glory days of the 1990s when that short stretch of Roswell Rd was “Party Central” containing Taco Mac, American Pie, $3 Cafe, and Good Old Days. (I severely miss those days, as well as the feeling of hope that accompanied a young, fit male at bars with young, single women.) We only stayed at Charlie Mopps for one drink before heading to the “right” side of the perimeter to go to Five Seasons.
While I certainly like the beer at Five Seasons, as well as some of the attractive ladies who were in attendance, it is a rather pricey place to visit. The four of us shared a couple of appetizers, each had a meal, and had two, or was it three, drinks; the bill was $145. (I can feel the shaking of heads with disgust from people who live in “expensive” cities, but we are dealing with the near-suburbs of Atlanta here.)
I especially like how the hearth on the left has bricks where the roofline of the building was. I guess they didn’t want people to know they had a stone hearth inside?
And Sometimes I’m Just A Glutton
Tonight I’ll be meeting up with some friends at one of Decatur’s newest restaurants — Farm Burger. Farm Burger is one of the new burger joints built upon serving better beef to its customers.
Photos and a review will be a pert of tomorrow’s blog, I’m sure.
Whew, that was tough. Next time I try this I’ll have to use my bluetooth keyboard instead of the virtual keyboard.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – All futuristic and shit
Current Music – listening to my “CBC Radio 3” channel on Pandora.
Website Of The Day – I’ve probably never picked Pandora as the WotD. Pandora, built from the Music Genome Project, allows you to set up channels based on bands and it’ll play those bands as well as musically-equivalent bands.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car (eventually)
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 200 pounds
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 72
Foot Mileage – 0 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 6 (6)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 5
Marta Rides – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem