I spent whatever “free” time I had this weekend watching tutorial videos from Lynda.com. In fact, I spent so much time watching videos that I forgot to do my Spring maintenance for my bicycle (though I’m happy to say that I did find the time to mow my lawns).
Playing With My Food
It’s a darn good thing that I don’t make my bread by selling bread. On Sunday morning I decided that I was going to bake a loaf of bread using my bread maker, and the new jar of Fleischmann’s Active Dry Yeast (which is different from their Yeast for Bread Machines). I also decided to change things up a bit using powdered buttermilk, instead of the powdered milk I’ve been using in the past. Although the bread it produced was far from pretty and had an interesting crispy ring, it was quite tasty.
Later in the day I decided to experiment with my dinner plans. Last week I purchased a cheap cut of beef, and on Saturday I picked up some carrots, red potatoes, and some rib rub. I dumped them all into my crockpot and heated it (mostly) on low for six hours. Much like the bread the resultant didn’t look all that pretty, but damn it tasted good.
On Saturday afternoon I headed over to Castleberry Hill to pick up my artwork from The Granite Room. While there I ran into Owen, who had spotted the Jackmobile parked outside and came in to say hello — cool.
When I walked into The Granite Room I was floored to see an empty space where once was occupied by my photo. W00t! Unfortunately I didn’t sell any of the matted prints, but the sale of the framed print covered my exhibit cost and provided Sharpened Stone, LLC with its first income.
I Doubt I’ll Be As Fortunate Tonight
Tonight is critique night at Roswell Photographic Society. Tonight’s theme is “People” and unfortunately I was unable to produce anything new to exhibit. Even worse, the photo I had intended to submit fell just outside the allowable date range, so since I’m a rule-follower I had to go with “Plan C.” “Plan C” is a good shot, but there’s nothing really artistic about it, so I’m not expecting to receive much love.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay, though I wish I had submitted a better shot for tonight
Current Music – listening to the second episode of this season’s “Top Chef Masters.”
Website Of The Day – I’m not going to say that I’m going to “get behind” Pints for Prostates, but I will say that it seems like a worthwhile organization.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 202 pounds
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – ~4 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 17 (17)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 16
Marta Rides – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem