You see what happens when I exercise? The blog is late. I hope you are satisfied… 😉
It Was Just Like Riding A Bike
In fact, it was exactly like riding a bike. Well, it was exactly like riding a bike after driving it to a secret location where I could park my car and then ride in to work.
This morning I drove the Jackmobile with the Red Rocket mounted upon its roof before climbing on to the Red Rocket for a morning ride-commute to work. Let me tell you, the extra distance provided by the office move to the Perimeter Mall area is much hillier than I was really ready to tackle this morning. Along the way I rode past a guy who shouted “Free smoothie at Robeks this morning.” and all I could muster was a “Yeah.” I ran in to that guy — his name was Andy and he works at REI — again at Robeks, where I properly thanked him for the reminder.
I’ll have to map out the distance to see how far I rode this morning. Because it’s been so long since I’ve ridden (I didn’t have to “Spring Forward” the clock on my speedometer/odometer, if that gives you any point of reference) that I accidentally shut off the odometer somewhere during the ride.
The best part of the ride: It was a great morning to be on a bicycle.
The next-to-best part of the ride: I received and consumed a free small mango smoothie from Robek’s.
The next-to-worst part of the ride: I forgot my Employee ID at home.
The worst part of the ride: My legs are tired and I have to do it all over again this afternoon.
And so it begins…
Oh Those Blasted Mets!
My beloved NY Mets were in town for two nights. I fully intended to go to last night’s game, the weather was perfect for baseball and I certainly could have used the photography practice, but alas I had too many chores to do before this morning’s ride.
Yesterday marked the six-year anniversary of my decision to play Tuesday night poker at a friend’s house instead of going to the Braves game with my friend Mike. You remember that game, don’t you? It was the game in which Randy Johnson pitched a perfectThe Day Will Keep Getting Stranger
After riding tonight I am planning on making a cameo appearance at George’s for a beverage, and perhaps some chow. I hope to see a few friendly faces that I’ve not seen in some time.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – whooped
Current Music – silence at the moment
Website Of The Day – I know that I’ve picked Ride of Silence before, but I’m choosing to do it again.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 200 pounds
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – ~4 miles, Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 19 (19)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 18
Marta Rides – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem