Ride today? Not with this rain.
Take Marta today? Nah, not interested.
Drive today? Why yes!
Speaking Easy At The Fred
Last night I met up with a friend for beers at The Fred. The Fred is a speakeasy-ish, fancy-pants-beer bar offshoot of Taco Mac and is located under the Taco Mac in The Prado. You have to know that The Fred is there because you’d never know otherwise. The only thing marking its entrance is a fanciful TM sign on a black door that holds a doorbell which must be rung to enter the establishment.
The atmosphere in The Fred is great (though the men’s room contains but a single toilet and no urinals).
The beer selection at The Fred is decent, as long as you like fancy-pants beers, and is relatively fair-priced.
The “fantastic finger” food is where things at The Fred fall down. Did I really pay six dollars for a small plate of french fries?
I can see myself returning to The Fred in the future as I make my effort toward achieving my 125 beer goal at Taco Mac.
ITP Flickr Pic
Is MIA today.
Next week I guarantee five new, original photos.
I’ve Reworked “Rework”
This week I relistened to “Rework”, the second book written by the founders of 37 Signals. The audio book is only three-hours in length, so it’s not like I’ve accomplished anything monumental, but the message they provide is very important for me to hear as I struggle to get my shit together with Sharpened Stone.
I see myself listening to it again whenever I feel a lull in my desire to keep my business efforts moving forward.
Don’t Tell Anyone, But I’m Concocting A Mobile Office
I’m slowly piecing together the workings for an “office” which can be taken with me where ever I go:
- iPad 3G (with WiFi) ✓
- picture holder that holds my iPad ✓
- Apple Bluetooth Keyboard ✓
- Apple Airport Express for use in hotels with wired internet ✓
I envision this mobile office to be most useful when I take overnight trips.
Big Weekend Ahead
Tonight I might be attending the Givers show at 529. We’ll have to see how I feel later today.
Tomorrow is all about going to the Fox Theatre for the live recording of A Prairie Home Companion. Thankfully I just glanced at my ticket and was reminded that the show airs at 6:00pm, so I need to be there fairly early.
Sunday is a conundrum. This week is the “Catch The Crabs” Black Sheep Hash, but it’s being laid down near Newnan and we’ve been advised that the trail is “not for the faint of heart” and that a flashlight is required; this means tunnels. I’m not so sure that I’m up for such an adventure. This Sunday is also a Wheelhopper Sunday, and that’s starting near Grant Park — a mere couple of miles from the Inside The Perimeter Estate.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fair
Current Music – listening to today’s “Daily Giz Wiz” podcast
Website Of The Day – Although I shan’t be in attendance at tomorrow’s East Atlanta Beer Festival, I do wish to acknowledge their existence. Feel free to park in front of my house if you desire, and if you see me please say hello.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 201 pounds
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – ~4 miles, Wheel Mileage – ~27 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 21 (21)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 20
Marta Rides – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem