That is if I can figure out how to pre-order one and pay the “subsidized upgrade” price instead of retail.
Man, Talk About Hot
Perhaps yesterday wasn’t the best day to commute to work on a bicycle. When I got home last night all I could do was strip down and hop into a cold(ish) shower to clean off and cool down. I was pretty much useless the rest of the evening as I lounged in bed watching videos on my iPad.
I was glad that I stepped up and rode to work, but in retrospect I think that I need to find some better routes, ones which don’t endanger my health nearly as much as the routes I rode yesterday. I caught a lot of traffic breaks yesterday (especially on my way home) that I cannot guarantee in the future.
I’m Still Trying To Downsize
All that my constantly-running air-conditioner and soon-to-be-ginormous Georgia Power bill are doing these days is remind me is that I own too much space. As I’ve mentioned in the past, part of the problem of owning space is that you acquire things to fill that space up.
I am once again fighting hard to get rid of things, so that in the near(ish) future I can acquire a domicile with less space, preferably a swank loft with enough area for a small photography studio. Don’t be surprised if I start adding a “Freecycle” section to this here blog.
ITP Flickr Pic
Normally I am not one to adorn my electronics/car with stickers.
However, when in a room with other iPad owners one iPad looks like another iPad, which looks like another iPad. So, I found the above decal on Etsy and decided to order it. I chose the design I did for two reasons:
- It is photography related
- It will look good whether I am holding my iPad in portrait or landscape orientation
I Eat Out A Lot
But I’m also starting to save a lot of money.
Have I mentioned Groupon and Scoutmob in this blog yet? Both companies offer a “Deal of the Day” for many cities around the country. Most of these deals are discounts to restaurants, for example today’s Scoutmob deal is for the Flat Iron in East Atlanta Village, which can be used by some defined expiration date. For Groupon you must commit to buying the discount on the day that it is offered. For Scoutmob you must have a coupon code or smart phone handy when checking out.
I’ve also heard of Half Off Depot but I’ve yet to check them out.
So Much Music, Some Of It For Free
Speaking of “deals” one of the best, under-publicized ones out there are the free, as in “I wish beer were free”, music samplers offered by Amazon’s Music Download Service.
The other day I downloaded three album’s worth of music by many of today’s better-known indie bands — for free.
Shit, with all of the money I am saving you today you could afford to buy me a beer, as in “Damn, this beer tastes great because it’s free.”
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – tired, bothered, lost
Current Music – silence at the moment, will listen to some podcasts soon
Website Of The Day – I’m feeling a bit odd today, so what better day to select the website Oddee.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – biking: ~33.5 miles
Morning Weigh-In – forgot to check, may turn this into “Monday Weigh-In”
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – 5.5 miles, Wheel Mileage – 89.5 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 15 (15)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 14
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 2
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 100 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Complete at least one iPhone application
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds)
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Jalapeño Beach SmugMug account.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
– Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem