As if I needed something else to stress me out, last night I received a text message from my co-hare telling me that her work is sending her to Europe and she’ll be unable to lay trail with me on the 18th of July. We are supposed to reccy trail for the first time tonight! Fortunately she found someone who can take her place, but the whole scouting of trail together a few times before the actual hash has now fallen to pieces. Why do I sign up to hare Black Sheep Hash again?
I Went To A Bar And A Run Broke Out
You probably think I made it to George’s last night. I did not. Instead I met up with my friend (not ITP-Reader) Steve (who, as I found out last night once date Insufficient Cums — small world, eh?) at Meehans Public House in Sandy Springs.
When I arrived in the parking lot I was amazed to see the front entrance littered with running-type people. Apparently local running store Phiddipides was holding its inaugural Meehans Pub Run 5k. Running and then drinking beer? What a concept!
I was a bit surprised to only recognize two hashers (Furry Balls and Maxwell Twat) at the event, and one girl who I used to see at George’s (a regular at the Reserved table, who had you seen her would understand why I remembered) back when I used to run.
While Steve enjoyed Meehans tradition of serving McSorley’s beer in two ten-ounce glasses just like they do at McSorley’s in New York we watched some of the runners come inside and head straight up to the upper level for their private party after their run. Some day I’ll have to scan the photo I’m in which was taken outside of McSorley’s back in about 1996/1997 (or was it 1998?).
Terri and Pat, if you happen to read this Meehan’s was a much better place than when we went to hear the REM cover band.
ITP Flickr Pic
Another from last Sunday’s Peachtree Road Race
As Peachtrees go this year’s had very few people dressed up in elaborate costumes. This guy was one of three or so that I saw wearing something elaborate.
Trying To Find An Open Weekend Has Become Increasingly Difficult
I want to go camping one weekend, but weekends are all but accounted for over the next few months. I guess that I should have followed through on my threat to have my Black Sheep happen at a Georgia State Park.
The other day I highlighted High Valley Resort up in Suches, GA and would love to have a weekend of camping and riding up there before the weather becomes too cold again (September/October).
One Reason Adobe Irritates Me
A few months ago I bought Adobe‘s Photoshop Elements 8 for Mac. I installed the application on my home computer as well as the one I have at work. I didn’t feel I was violating Adobe’s End User Agreement by doing so and was pissed off to receive the following message yesterday.
In case you don’t want to click through to read the text on their error dialog, it says the following:
Licensing for this product has stopped working.
This product has encountered a problem which requires that you restart your computer before it can be launched.
If you continue to see this message after restarting your computer, please contact either your IT administrator or Adobe technical support for help, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen.
What a mess. Restarting my computer did not solve the problem. This may be a byproduct of the fact that I had to recover all of the data on this computer a few weeks ago, but regardless this is the only application which has this problem.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – stressed the fuck out
Current Music – the “Net @ Night” podcast
Website Of The Day – In a stress-free world I would leisurely peruse Epicurious and be able to buy the necessary ingredients to make myself a wonderful meal.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check. I wish stress caused me to lose weight
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – ~3 miles, Wheel Mileage – 71.8 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 8 (8)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 7
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month (still waiting to accomplish this)
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 150 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Complete at least one iPhone application
– Completely plan out my August/September Colorado trip
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem