If you’ve read this space for any length of time then you know that I battle depression occasionally. Last night I decided that I need to start removing that which depresses me from my life. Makes sense, no? The first step in this process is to stop reading Twitter because for some reason reading constant updates about how great people’s lives are, or what sort of fantastic luck they’ve been having, or how often they go on vacation has been getting me down. I’ve not gone as far as to delete my account, but I’m very close.
Next up is to rid myself of the twenty pounds I’ve been trying to lose for the past five years.
Consumed With Laundry And Dinner
Last night I took a load of laundry to the lavanderia next to Lee’s Bakery. I started the process fairly early (5pm) and after all was said and done I was home again ay 8pm.
I treated myself at dinner last night. For my main course I ate a grilled pork Banh Mi with a glass of water. On my way out I wanted something sweet so I purchased a mango smoothie which was quite sweet and delicious.
With at least one more day of reccying and then actually laying the Black Sheep Hash on Sunday I’m sure that the next load of laundry I take to the lavanderia will be just as nasty as last night’s; I can only hope that it won’t be as large.
Cruising Through The Mad Men
Other than laundry and dinner my night consisted of chatting with my mother (using Skype on my end) and watching two more episodes of Mad Men. I am nearly through Season Two.
I meant to mention this yesterday, but if you’re looking to catch up on Mad Men and don’t feel like waiting for Netflix to deliver all of the discs, for a limited time you can buy and download each season (Season 1-3) for only $9.99 each (or $14.99 for HD if you are a high roller) from iTunes. Just be ready to spend some time downloading, however; each episode from Season Three in Standard Definition was over 400MB and there were thirteen episodes in Season Three.
The Jackmobile Has A Clean Bill Of Health
For the first time since our lovely politicians returned emission testing to an annual task, and allowed testing centers to charge up to $25 I was able to get an emission test done for less than the maximum allowable fee. On many trips to lunch I’ve notice an emissions testing center on Ashford-Dunwoody just inside I-285 advertising a $20 emission test.
Yesterday I pulled in to get the emissions test done (now if I can locate the tag renewal paperwork), and with the exception of the kid running the machine telling me that my OBC (on board computer?) connector being “loose”, everything turned out well.
Next up is to find my paperwork and pay the State their damn ad valorem tax so that they’ll send me a new sticker.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – meh
Current Music – listening to today’s Tour de France stage
Website Of The Day – I hear that going to the movie theatre is a popular past-time. If you are one who enjoys movies you may want to check out Slash Film (aka /Film) to see what others are saying about movies.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – ~7 miles, Wheel Mileage – 95.1 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 13 (13)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 12
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month (still waiting to accomplish this)
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 150 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Complete at least one iPhone application
– Completely plan out my August/September Colorado trip
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem