Weighing #1: 205.6 pounds
Weighing #2: 205.4 pounds
So basically with all of my efforts to lose weight I’ve actually managed to put on weight. Fuck. Me. And please don’t feed me that “You know muscle weighs more than fat.” line because I’ve not put on noticeable muscle mass either. In fact, just don’t feed me.
In addition to trying to eat and drink less, I think it may be time to make an effort to increase my number of vegetarian days.
I’ve Eaten At P.F. Chang’s, Now I Never Have To Go Back
I attended a going-away lunch for one of my coworkers yesterday. Attending going-away lunches is a rare event for me because I believe we should celebrate people joining the company instead of leaving the company, and oh, I hate meals with big crowds.
It’s been a really long time since I’ve had a going away lunch, but I digress…
I decided to attend the going-away lunch for a couple of reasons. One, I really liked the guy who quit — he was one of my lunch bunch. Two, I’ve never eaten at a P.F. Chang’s and I wanted to see what all of the hubbub was about.
I ate an order of crispy green beans and some pepper steak. I was underwhelmed at the quality of the meal as well as the high price charged for each. Call me a naysayer but I’ll go to the Chinese Food Court near Peachtree Dekalb Airport or Tasty China ten out of ten times before I return to P.F. Chang’s.
ITP Flickr Pic
Last Saturday I was supposed to be at the Chattahoochee River by daybreak in order to meet my Flickr / RPS photo friends for daybreak photos. I didn’t make it in time.
Luckily for me, once the sun rose we hopped into our cars and sought out another shooting location. This is where we saw a guy in the distant mist in a canoe. Once he started paddling our way I locked onto him and did my best to get a shot of him in action.
Laundry Night With A Twist
Last night I did laundry at the laundromat next to Lee’s Bakery. What was different last night was that my friend Nav who lives in that area brought his laundry up there and did his wash at the same time. Of course there were Lee’s Bakery Banh Mi sandwiches consumed.
Happy [REDACTED] Birthday, Lisa
Has it really be [REDACTED] years since I joined ITP-Reader Steve, and a couple of other hashers in the parking lot of an apartment complex on North Druid Hills to serenade ITP-Reader Lisa on her [REDACTED] birthday? [Well, this is certainly embarrassing…. According to her Facebook account I am apparently a day early with my birthday wishes; I assume that Lisa knows which day her birthday is so I must be wrong. Looks like I’m having a hard time getting anything right these days…] Holy. Shit. To give you some idea this was in the days before Steve and Lisa were “ITP-Readers” because I’d yet to become ITP-Writer Paulie.
Since that day Lisa has wised up considerably by meeting ITP-Reader Randy, moving to Raleigh North Carolina and marrying him, and then having two marvelous boys.
I’ve had many good laughs with today’s birthday girl over the past [REDACTED] years that I’ve known her and look forward to having many more as our paths cross in the future.
I wish I had the vacation time available to wish you a happy birthday in person during your family vacation this year, but since I don’t a blog birthday wish will have to suffice.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – dumpy
Current Music – listening to assorted podcasts trying to catch up no that the Tour de France is done
Website Of The Day – Whirled is a creative services advertising and marketing agency which produces some amazing remix videos. They recently released one called “Mad Smoke” which is a near three-minute piece made from smoking scenes taken from “Mad Men.”
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 205.5 pounds
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – ~12 miles, Wheel Mileage – 210.0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 1 (16)
Vegetarian Days – 0, Carnivorous Days – 26
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 1
– Not to get sick for the entire month (still waiting to accomplish this)
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 150 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Complete at least one iPhone application
– Completely plan out my August/September Colorado trip
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem