Busy Little Weekend
Friday night’s play, which was fantastic, was also three hours long. Consider Atlanta’s already shitty rush hour traffic on a Friday night on which it is also raining? Yeah, that sucked. The play was to start at 7:30pm. Given this start time and the eternity it took for me to get to the theatre, I did not have enough time to eat dinner. This matter was worsened when I was informed that the play was going to last three hours with a single fifteen-minute intermission. My dinner on Friday night consisted of trail mix, followed by some bread when I arrived home at 11:00pm.
I packed as many activities as humanly possible into Saturday. Breakfast at The Majestic, followed by a photo critique session in Decatur, followed by lunch at Twain’s, followed by a failed nap attempt in the Decatur library, followed by meeting up with friends at the Brick Store, followed by a party at some friends’ house. By the time my head hit my own pillow I was exhausted.
Yesterday I drove the Red Rocket down to Moreland to partake in the Wheelhopper hash which was laid by ITP-Readers Steve and Barb, and Barb’s hubby Allan. The ride was a hot one, made worse by the fact that I tried to play that “unknown French rider who wins a stage of the Tour de France.” Knowing the area a bit I was able correctly guess at a check and sprint out (winning the sprint points!). For about twenty minutes I was winning the hash! My reign of terror ended when I had a one-in-three chance of guessing correctly at the next check and I guessed incorrectly. My efforts cost me. Not only did I wind up being DFL (of the long trail), my feet still hurt from trying to pedal feverishly, and I’m also sore from resisting getting thrown into the (green) pool by Allan (in my defense, Allan is a fireman and outsizes me greatly). The day was a blast, and even though I didn’t think I was going to wind up at Holy Taco with ITP-Readers Betsy and Sarah, I did.
I could use a day of rest.
Holy Shit, I’m Going On Vacation This Friday?
I really need to start getting all of plans set and shit packed. And, since I’ve had a late start to this morning I’ll have to abbreviate today’s blog too.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – beaten up
Current Music – silence as the podcasts download
Website Of The Day – I parked next to a Mini Cooper sporting two Blue bicycles atop it yesterday. They looked like some nice rides.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – Sunday: cycling, ~25 miles
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – ~4 miles, Wheel Mileage – 127.2 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 6 (8)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 22
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 3
– Not to get sick for the entire month (I did it once, I can do it again!)
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 200 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Complete at least one iPhone application (seriously, this needs to happen)
– Completely plan out my August/September Colorado trip
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem