Or wherever city the Jackmobile makes it to tonight. Inconceivably, today is V-Day where the “V” stands for vacation. I’m not sure where I will be when we next chat on this blog, but I’m hoping for damn sure that it’s not Georgia.
But, before I can hit the roadways today I need to complete, copy, and mail my City of Atlanta Business Tax Application. The City will happily bill me $75 for their application fee and then require me to pay sales tax based on my sales. The City’s demands have put me over the top and unless I change my mind while driving, I expect to shut down Sharpened Stone LLC and chalk up the near $200 in expenses I paid out this year as a mildly-expensive, highly-stressful, and annoying learning experience.
ITP Flickr Screenshot
Though, depending on the weather forecast for Sioux Falls I might take a different path from Kansas City to Mount Rushmore.
In Case You Didn’t Know How Weird I Am
Last night’s dinner?
– one King of Pops popsicle (Plum Pomegranate because the East Atlanta Farmers Market cart didn’t stock Banana Puddin’. The amazingly beautiful, and (unfortunately) tattooed, girl working the cart sold me on the Plum Pomegranate; it was delicious.
– a half-loaf of asiago bread smeared with artisan hummus which I had purchased at Urban Cannibals and needed to eat before leaving for vacation.
It’s Like Reading With My Ears
I plan to “read” the following books while on vacation:
- Getting Things Done — David Allen
- The Intention Experiment — Lynne McTaggart
- Made By Hand — Mark Frauenfelder
- Medium Raw — Anthony Bourdain
- Star Island — Carl Hiassen
I’ll have plenty of time alone in the car, so I think that I’ll be quite successful in my quest. In the worst case scenario I have many podcasts and much music as a fall back.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – frustrated, but ready to put everything behind me
Current Music – silence
Website Of The Day – ITP-Reader Barb pointed me at this really neat art project called Touching Strangers which was done by photographer Richard Renaldi.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t care
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – ~4 miles, Wheel Mileage – 167.0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 9 (9)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 25
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 4
– Not to get sick for the entire month (I did it once, I can do it again!)
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 200 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Complete at least one iPhone application (seriously, this needs to happen)
– Completely plan out my August/September Colorado trip
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem