As I sit in a hotel room in Rapid City, SD I’ve found out that my good friend Eric from Huntsville, AL has been in Deadwood, SD since Thursday. Deadwood is only forty miles from Rapid City. Had I known that Eric was in Deadwood I’d not have reserved a hotel in Rapid City, but in Deadwood instead.
AT&T Hates South Dakota
I’m sure the feeling is mutual.
For most of my travels across South Dakota today I had either data roaming or Edge coverage on AT&T’s network. While inconvenient it has really made it difficult to locate and navigate as I’m winging most of this trip. I hate to think what this is going to cost me. Oh well, I’m on vacation….
Mt. Rushmore Or Bust!
I’m staying in Rapid City, SD tonight, thirty minutes from Mt Rushmore (I’m starting to see a trend here). I found out that the National Parks Annual Pass that I purchased for $80 today so that I could see Badlands will not be accepted at Mt Rushmore. What a crock of shit! I apparently will have to pay $10 to park when the park opens at 8:00am (almost two hours after sunrise).
Of course, there is a good possibility that I’ll try to meet up with my friend Eric today and hit Mt Rushmore tonight/tomorrow since I have this “extra” day in my schedule.
The Beer Collecting Has Already Started
Not that I have the room to spare in my already-packed trunk, but I’ve already purchased one case of beer (a 12-pack and two 6-packs) for later consumption, and I’ve not yet reached the beer Mecca of Colorado. The point of this exercise is to get beers that I cannot purchase in Georgia. Think of it as a smaller version of Smoky and the Bandit. 😉
Yes, I plan to share with my friends.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – strange
Current Music – listening to the “Daily Giz Wiz” podcast
Website Of The Day – In case you plan to visit Mt Rushmore you can reference Mt Rushmore Info too.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – n/a
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – couldn’t check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – ~4 miles, Wheel Mileage – 217.0 miles
Pushups – 0, Situps – 0
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 9 (9)
Vegetarian Days – 1, Carnivorous Days – 29
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 4
– Not to get sick for the entire month (I did it once, I can do it again!)
– Not get fired from my job
– Ride my bicycle no fewer than 200 miles
– Get the Sharpened Stone, LLC moving further
– Complete at least one iPhone application (seriously, this needs to happen)
– Completely plan out my August/September Colorado trip
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online
– Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem