For once being a highly-organized person my current lack of organization is driving me to insanity. I know that I cannot put my life on pause until I regain my control of the things for which I can have control, but I’d sure like to try.
Cake For Dinner?
After getting my hair cut last night I headed toward DBA Barbecue for dinner. A funny thing happened along the way, I decided that I wasn’t hungry enough to eat dinner and decided to stop at San Francisco Coffee for coffee and cake instead — where, I unexpectantly (not a real word) ran into one of my co-workers.
“Which of your cakes is the most decadent?” I asked the cute girl working the counter. “I want to make this count because I’ve decided to skip dinner for this cake.” After hemming and hawing we finally settled on the Dark Chocolate Crunch, which with two cups of cup of black coffee was divine.
One of the best things about being an adult is not having to play by the rules.
Guess Who’s Going To Snowmass In 2012
That’s right, even though this year’s trip to Colorado for Colorado Invihash turned out to be a bummer I am planning on returning for Colorado Invihash 2012! In fact, I am more than planning, I have registered for the even which will take place in Snowmass, CO on Labor Day weekend in 2012.
You should consider going. I promise not to ask you to ride with me if I drive again. 😉
Play, Photos (Perhaps), Party, Relax
Tonight I’m skipping my office Christmas party and headed to the Hertz Theatre for “The Second City: Miracle On 1280 Peachtree Street”, for which I just found out I bought two tickets. I guess I was planning on trying to get a date, which after last night I assume will never happen again, either that or they accidentally printed two tickets for me. Oh well, I guess I’ll bring the extra ticket and see if anyone wants it.
Tomorrow I’ll be up at the butt crack of dawn (actually much before that) in order to attempt a sunrise photo shoot at Cochran Shoals. After seeing the glory that was this morning’s sunrise I can only hope for a repeat.
Tomorrow night I’ll be heading to a friend’s graduation party, which should be interesting because it is being held at a Korean BBQ restaurant that has karaoke rooms. Oh dear, what have I agreed to?
On Sunday I will be resting, cleaning, doing laundry, and preparing for the grand finale of The Amazing Race as well as getting my shit together for next week’s short, but oh-so-long, business trip to California.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – a little scared
Current Music – listening to the MacCast podcast
Website Of The Day – You say you want movies but want them free and legal? Check out the list of public domain videos at Public Domain Flix.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – stair climbing (11 flights)
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Pages Of 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die Read – 77
Foot Mileage – ~5.5 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 55 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 1
Carnivorous Days – 8
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Run no fewer than 75 miles
– Prepare Sharpened Stone, LLC for 2011
– Lose two pounds
– Eat vegetarian at least one day a week
– A couple of secret goals which I will not divulge
– Reduce my weight to 185 pounds (starting weight was 198 pounds) [update: On July 1 I’ve sadly gained weight; I’m at 203 pounds]
– Completely read the book 1001 Paintings You Must See Before You Die
– Earn at least $150 through photography sales in order to cover the cost for the renewal of the Sharpened Stone.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Get the Black Sheep stats out of Excel and online, completed
Ride in no fewer than two 50 mile or 50K bike rides, completed
Complete my Taco Mac Passport requirement of 125 beers, completed
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in
PHP and CSS Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem