Whew, the weather outside is frightful. Luckily I arrived at work no worse for wear than a few frazzled nerves thanks to the poor driving habits of those on the roads with me.
Something’s Fishy About My Meals
I do not eat fish often. In fact, up until a few years ago fish were rarely present on any plate sitting in front of me. So it was a strange day yesterday when fish were the main components of two of my meals.
For lunch I joined a work group out at The Crawfish Shack on Buford Highway. There I ate a plate of fried catfish and a half-dozen fried shrimp. Before you screech “FRIED?!”, it’s what they do best.
For dinner I drove the Red Rocket up to Marietta where I had dinner with ITP-Reader Barb, her husband Allan, and ITP-Reader Sal. Allan displayed his Black Ninja (think “Big Green Egg”) cooking skills by brilliantly smoking some steelhead trout, asparagus, and portabello mushrooms. Barb made some jalapeño cheese grits, and Sal made an apple/cinnamon galette. As for me, I brought a bottle of wine. I might go as far as saying that last night was the first night that I’ve ever (knowingly) eaten trout. Dinner was delicious and I thank them all again for providing me with such a wonderful meal.
I’m searching for physical therapist recommendations today. I’ve been prescribed therapy and would like to start the process ASAP.
ITP Flickr Pic
Hey kids, warmer weather is approaching (actually, we’ve already experienced some). These days in Atlanta it means that The King of Pops (hmm, website under construction) has returned! Rumor has it that The King of Pops is trying to spread his wings to other cities, such as Asheville, NC.
The King Of Pops’ “popsicles” are one treat that I do not seek to limit, even in these tough economic and weight-loss times.
Tonight Might Find Me At The EARL
The Canadian band The Rural Alberta Advantage is playing at The EARL and I am heavily considering going to the show. The downsides of going tonight are
– It’s a “school night” and I don’t want to stay out really late. Though, I do have a later-than-usual start to my day planned tomorrow
– The EARL is so damn smoky and I’m not sure that I want to deal with that tonight.
I guess you’ll have to tune in again tomorrow to find out…
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – chubby, in pain, but trying to be positive about life
Current Music – silence for no good reason
Website Of The Day – Asheville has come up on this blog twice in the past two days. I guess this is a good time to highlight Asheville’s 30 Days of Asheville campaign.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – haven’t checked in a while
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 0
Carnivorous Days – 14
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Recover from the bike crash
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Lose two pounds
Go out on a date with someone else
– Read an entire book, specifically Chef’s Story
2011 Goals [will be a little more fluid than in past years]
– Reduce my weight by 25 pounds based on the my weight as measured on February 1st
Completely read the book Daily Negations which I received as a Christmas gift.
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business — one which does not get penalized.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than
two one half-marathon
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions