I’ve been trying to spend more time focusing on a large coding project. Last night I decided to stay at work (at least until the heat became unbearable due to the A/C in the building being turned off at 6:00pm) instead of heading to the Horizon Theatre for the play. The problem for me with writing software is that I find it enjoyable as well as frustrating, and I love spending a lot of my life doing it (not bad for a paying gig); subsequently I forego a lot of other things (fun, exercise, meeting women, drinking beer) in order to satiate my desire to write software.
That Being Said…
I’ll be skipping town tonight headed to Chattanooga for a Chattanooga Lookouts game, and then over to Ocoee to join ITP-Reader Barb and a slew of other people for zipling on Saturday. (I’m printing the Groupon now so that I’ll have it with me and I won’t have to rely on having cell coverage in Ocoee. Well, scratch that! It appears that I am unable to print out this Groupon — I think it’s printing blank but I don’t have time to debug the situation — so rely on cell phone coverage I shall. DANGEN!). While it’s caused me a wee little bit of packing/timing stress I’m looking forward to my little overnight trip, although I’m not looking forward to having to refill the Jackmobile’s gas at today’s gas prices.
ITP Flickr Pic
I should have taken a screenshot of some Objective-C code. That seems to be the only thing I’m looking at these days. I do have my camera packed with me so there is a possibility that I’ll get some shooting in this weekend.
Sorry, Code Is Calling
If I don’t see you around this weekend have a great one. When we meet again on Monday I’ll recap April and will present the high and low lights of the weekend.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay, though rushed
Current Music – silence
Website Of The Day – There is a new service, currently in the northeast, which seems ideal for people like me. This service is called Escape Maker and they supply ideas for weekend getaways. Since they are seemingly Tri-State focused they also try to recommend getaways which can be accomplished using mass-transit (what a concept!)
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – start checking again on Sunday
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 3
Carnivorous Days – 24
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– “Completely” recover from the bike crash
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Run at least once
– Lose two pounds
Go out on a date with someone else
– Read an entire book, specifically The Mole People: Life In The Tunnels Beneath New York City
2011 Goals [will be a little more fluid than in past years]
– Reduce my weight by 25 pounds based on the my weight as measured on February 1st
Completely read the book Daily Negations which I received as a Christmas gift.
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business — one which does not get penalized.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than
two one half-marathon
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions