After working a long day in a warm office I decided to reward myself with a Taco Mac visit. My desire for beer and to maintain a meatless Monday clashed, but I convinced myself that I could enjoy Taco Mac sans meat. As I sat there enjoying my vegetarian nachos (read “Fiesta Chicken Nachos without the chicken”) I got sucked into last night’s Stanley Cup game and ordered a final beer so that I could watch a portion of the second period. I’ve not been much of a hockey fan of late (not surprising with the impending move of the Atlanta Thrashers) but what I saw of last night’s game was fascinating — including one of the most vicious hits I’ve seen in some time.
I’ve Feel As If My Head Has Been In The Sand
My focus on work, rehab, and Taco Mac the past three months have really consumed me. I feel as if I missed Spring completely (nine straight days of 90º F heat have convinced me that Spring is gone regardless of what the calendar claims). What have I missed?
I keep trying to remind myself that this is the only life that I’ll have (it’s what I believe) and I feel that I’ve squandered many of the previous forty-five years and don’t want to repeat that for my remaining years.
What should I be looking at doing in the near future (other than flying to Raleigh which I already have scheduled)?
ITP Flickr Pic
Go in to any museum and see if you agree with everything they define as “art.”
That was the impetus for this photo of a white utility panel that I took in the High Museum of Art. I’m tempted to make a little sign with a fake story and post it near this utility box to see if anyone will consider it “art.”
I’m also considering making this photo square. What do you think?
Is It Lavanderia Night?
Because ITP-Reader Betsy is off riding BRAG I have no Wednesday night Top Chef Masters viewing partner this week. Therefore I now have two possible nights on which I can do my laundry prior to my departure for Raleigh on Thursday.
What to do? What. To. Do?
I have an 8am physical therapy appointment today. Do I want to drag my laundry along with me all day? Or do procrastinate until tomorrow?
What to do? What. To. Do?
Sometimes I think having a constricted schedule may be the best thing for me…
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – like today’s blog sucks but I really don’t have much to say today
Current Music – listening to this week’s “MacBreak Weekly” podcast
Website Of The Day – I spent a lot of time last weekend solving graphical Sudoku puzzles — I like exercising my brain occasionally. I just found Websudoku. Let the games begin!
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – tomorrow
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 1
Carnivorous Days – 5
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– “Completely” recover from the bike crash
– Get back on a bicycle
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Run at least once
– Eat vegetarian no fewer than five days
– Lose three pounds
Go out on a date with someone else
– Finish The Laws Of Simplicity and read another book
2011 Goals [will be a little more fluid than in past years]
– Reduce my weight by 25 pounds based on the my weight as measured on February 1st
Completely read the book Daily Negations which I received as a Christmas gift.
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business — one which does not get penalized.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than
two one half-marathon
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions