It’s a hazy morning here in Atlanta. My mood matches this morning. My hip still hurts this morning and I still need schedule an appointment with my doctor.
How ‘Bout This Weather, Huh
That certainly was a strong storm system which rolled through Atlanta yesterday. Because of the storm I didn’t get home until about 8pm. I did manage to stop for a six-pack of beer at the Candler Park Market. When I returned home I was pooped and in no mood to do much more than drink a beer, brush my teeth, and pass out in bed.
The Plan For Today
I forgot that yesterday I was going to head to REI. The plan is to buy a flashing light for the new bicycle. I’ve been in two accidents in Atlanta where cars have pulled out in front of me. If I plan to ride on the roads again I also plan to try and make myself as visible as possible even if it means I look a bit dorky or am “less aerodynamic.”
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – meh, and I obviously have nothing today
Current Music – listening to a “The Ricky Gervais Show” that I’ve recorded.
Website Of The Day – There’s a new taco joint in town, OMG Taco . It’s located in Little 5 Points — where Sweet Lime used to be if you know the neighborhood.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – walking/running, ~1.5 miles
Morning Weigh-In – not yet
Foot Mileage – ~13.5 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 2
Carnivorous Days – 23
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– “Completely” recover from the bike crash
Buy a bicycle and start riding again
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Run at least once
– Eat vegetarian no fewer than five days
– Lose three pounds
2011 Goals [will be a little more fluid than in past years]
– Reduce my weight by 25 pounds based on the my weight as measured on February 1st
Completely read the book Daily Negations which I received as a Christmas gift.
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business — one which does not get penalized.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than
two one half-marathon
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions