… you’ll love today’s as I don’t have much to say.
I did manage to make it to last night’s iOS Developers Meetup, confirming that I am not as smart as the others in the room, or at least I’ve not been driving myself to become the best developer that I can become. Afterward I joined a group (unfortunately consisting only of men) for dinner and a beer at La Fonda Latina. Also eating at La Fonda last night was a group from MailChimp in which I knew at least one person. I was not the only one who new the Mail Chimpers as many of the people who wound up sitting at our table stopped by theirs first to chat.
I know, I said that I wasn’t going to go out to eat again, but I’m playing the “networking” card on this occasion. I kept my intake vegetarian (one down, four more to get by month’s end!) and my beer intake to one. By the time I got home (10:30pm) it was time for me to pass out on the bed.
An Update On The Foraging
Yesterday I mentioned the NY Times article about foraging for food at vacant houses in East Atlanta. The story has been “explained” a bit more by the parties involved, and things got even stranger yesterday.
Apparently the house at which the foraging occurred was a rental, the forager knew the owners of the house were out of the country and stated that she did not know that people were renting it currently.
The renter, who states she and her husband have been harangued by many people over this story, also revealed that the house had been broken into yesterday. While she didn’t exactly come out and say it, she believes the robbery was a direct cause of the article, though in East Atlanta houses get robbed all the time. Tell me why I still live there? Oh yeah, this housing market.
All in all it seems to be an unfortunate turn of events.
I’ve been burning the candle from all sides recently. Tonight, whenever I get out of work, I’ll be pointing the Jackmobile directly at East Atlanta and spending the night at home. I have so many chores to accomplish that this might not be the only night that I perform this task.
Okay, time to make the dough…
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – late, frustrated
Current Music – silence today, I need to concentrate
Website Of The Day – Today’s foraging news was blatantly taken from my neighborhood’s local message board EAV Buzz aka “The Buzz” run by my down-the-street neighbor Cap’n Ken.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – 207.4 pounds
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 33.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 48 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 1
Carnivorous Days – 15
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– “Completely” recover from the bike crash
– Ride my bike no fewer than 150 miles
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Run at least once
– Eat vegetarian no fewer than five days
– Lose two pounds
2011 Goals [will be a little more fluid than in past years]
– Reduce my weight by 25 pounds based on the my weight as measured on February 1st
Completely read the book Daily Negations which I received as a Christmas gift.
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business — one which does not get penalized.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than
two one half-marathon
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions