My work world keeps getting turned upside down. Very little time today for anything but coding and laundry.
I Nearly Went Broke Seeing Broke Last Night
Because of a “Special Event” parking at the Woodruff Arts Center was $15 instead its “normal” $12. And because plays at the Hertz Stage now start at 7:30pm instead of 8:00pm I didn’t have enough time to eat a proper meal so I wound up eating a Caesar Chicken Wrap ($7) and a Coke ($3) for dinner. Yeeeesh!
The play was good, or should I say well acted. Per the description I posted yesterday the plot of the play centered around a woman losing her $350k/year job and then nearly immediately losing the $1.2M in stock, which the family planned on using for retirement, when the company went out of business. There were moments of levity thrown in, but by and large “light hearted,” “uplifting” are clearly not good descriptions for this play. I suggest seeing it, but only if you are confident with your station in life. (And if anyone knows when the lead actress’ understudy, Rachel Garner, will be performing I may go back to see it again. ;))
Even more distressing to me were the women who would sit near me for a matter of minutes, only to move to another row. The smiling apologies had to do with
1) The very tall man sitting to rows ahead, but directly in front of me
2) The fact that the women were part of a large group of women who wanted to sit together.
I swear that I showered, was appropriately attired, and applied deodorant yesterday!
My First iOS 5 FAIL
After arriving home from the theatre I tethered my iPhone 4 to iTunes in order to download Apple’s latest mobile operating system, iOS 5. It was 11:00pm when I did and was disheartened to see that the download was predicted to last three hours. Needless to say I fell asleep before the download completed.
When the phone’s alarm sounded at 5:00am I got out of bed and saw that while the downloaded had completed successfully I was being instructed to complete a series of initialization steps before I could once again use the phone. The big problem with this was that I had to finish the initialization process before I could dismiss the alarm! After realizing that this would be more than a two-step process I decided to lower the volume (which I could do using the physical switches) and continue.
Along the way I was informed that there was an error connecting to Apple’s new iCloud service and was given a two-button option
2) Try Again
Wouldn’t you know that no matter how many times I pressed “Later” it immediately tried again! I finally wound up aborting the initialization process so that I could dismiss the alarm. I’ll deal with the iCloud setup later.
But until then it’s time for me to write code. Have a great day all, talk amongst yourselves…
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – getting frantic, going to spend a lot of this (forecasted perfect weather) weekend working
Current Music – silence
Website Of The Day – I made a joke on Twitter saying that I wanted to meet the short-haired woman in the Verizon iPad 2 tv commercial and two days later a follower told me her name, and sent a ling to Who Is That Hot Ad Girl? Tumblr page. Oh, her name is Lauren Rees and she’s apparently a photographer in Los Angeles. And now you know the rest of the story. Good day!
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – November
Foot Mileage – ~5.5 miles
Wheel Mileage – ~16.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Meals – lost count (significantly fewer than carnivorous)
Carnivorous Meals – lost count (significantly more than vegetarian)
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– “Completely” recover from the bike crash (though I’m beginning to this this will never happen)
– Ride my bike no fewer than 100 miles
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Not get fired from my job
– Run at least twice
– Eat vegetarian no fewer than fifteen vegetarian meals
– Lose three pounds
2011 Goals [will be a little more fluid than in past years]
– Reduce my weight by 25 pounds based on the my weight as measured on February 1st
Completely read the book Daily Negations which I received as a Christmas gift.
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business — one which does not get penalized.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
Run in no fewer than two one half-marathon
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions