Fall Back, America
We’ve reached that weekend where we pretend to own Time. That’s right, at 2:00am Sunday we turn out clocks back an hour to retrieve the one we threw away in the spring. This time alteration could not come at a better time for this insanely busy blogger, for in addition to working both days this weekend I’ll be meeting friends for breakfast (Majestic, not Java Jive), attending a birthday party tomorrow night, fixing up the television area, and cooking dinner for those coming over to the ITP Estate on Sunday night to watch The Amazing Race. (note to TAR Game Players: I’m sticking with Team AARP to be eliminated. Surely this week there will be an elimination, right?) I won’t “need” to exercise this weekend, I’ll be exhausted enough as is.
Working Hard For The Money
Don’t get me wrong, I like having my job, even it if occasionally infuriates the living shit out of me. I would like to see my job return to a “normal” forty(ish)-hour-per-week event so that I can do the fun things I like to do such as seeing “Freud’s Last Stand” before it closes (I mentioned that I missed the show on the night I had a ticket), and going camping next weekend. I suppose that I could bring my laptop camping and work whilst I’m there…
I left work last night some time after 8:30pm (for those keeping score at home I arrived around 7:30am, but will assess myself a penalty for taking a ninety-minute lunch). I’m still doing, and struggling mightily, with iOS development and as I struggle the industry keeps moving forward. I’m no where near ready to give up, but some monumental improvement in my skills would be satisfying.
Until We Meet Again
It’s supposedly going to be a wonderful weekend here in Atlanta. Go out to Chomp & Stomp on Saturday! Do it for me! Or not.
Enjoy whatever you wind up doing and let me know on Monday what sort of trouble you got yourself into this weekend.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay, stopped at Starbucks for a “bad” breakfast in order to improve my mood
Current Music – silence but am about to find something to which I will listen
Website Of The Day – Sorry non iPad nerds today’s not your day. This weekend I plan to buy Codify for my iPad in order to see what it’s all about.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – stair climbing, 6 flights
Morning Weigh-In – 206.5 pounds (going up? geez!)
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 40
Stairs – 24 flights
Consecutive Days Of Bed-Making (Longest Streak) – 0 (0)
Vegetarian Days – 0
Carnivorous Days – 3
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Lose three pounds
– “Completely” recover from the bike crash (though I’m beginning to this this will never happen)
– Ride my bike no fewer than 100 miles
– Exercise for an hour no fewer than twenty-five days
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Eat vegetarian no fewer than fifteen vegetarian meals
– Not get fired from my job, nor quit my job
2011 Goals [will be a little more fluid than in past years]
– Reduce my weight by 25 pounds based on the my weight as measured on February 1st
Completely read the book Daily Negations which I received as a Christmas gift.
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business — one which does not get penalized.
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Enter no fewer than three photographic competitions / gallery showings
Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
Run in no fewer than two one half-marathon
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions