On my trip to the airport this morning I noticed all of the signs for the airport now say “ATL Airport” (with the international symbol of an airplane). I guess that makes more sense than “Atlanta Airport” in these Internet-connected days.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Yesterday’s wound up in my spam folder (I didn’t do it), today’s has yet to arrive.
Good Night Of Top Cheffing
Last night ITp-Reader Betsy and I caught up on our Top Chef viewing. Betsy was kind enough to supply two perfectly-cooked Cornish game hens and some orzo that we cooked up at my place. I supplies some steamed vegetables (green beans, Brussels sprouts, zucchini, and squash). With the meal we consumed a bottle of decent Petite Syrah (and a few Twizzlers).
ITP Flickr Pic
I’m out of stock photos, and while it appears as if it’s going to be a pretty sunrise here at the airport I am too tired and worn out to get up and look for a photo opportunity. Besides, I need to write this blog now.
Starting Four Days Of Vegetarianism
I’m at the airport waiting to board a flight to Raleigh. Normally I’d be heading up to work the NC State career fair in addition to spending time with ITP-Readers Lisa and Randy. This time around I am just heading up for the enjoyable part of the trip.
As I am wont to do when I visit I am going to eat a vegetarian diet. Look for my vegetarian day count to increase on Monday.
Happy Birthday, Bro!
Today is my brother’s (ITP-Reader Ronnie) birthday. I hope you have a great day and am looking forward to planning a New York trip for later this year.
Oh, and I purchased your birthday card last night. I’ll try to get it in the mail this weekend. For those not in the family, Ronnie and I have an agreement that our birthday cards to one another need not arrive on time.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – tired, worn out, but looking forward to a good weekend
Current Music – listening to this week’s “Build and Analyze” podcast
Website Of The Day – sorry, none today. I wasn’t prepared.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – walking, ~4.3 miles
Morning Weigh-In – checking again next week
Foot Mileage – ~4.3 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Days Of Bed-Making – 3
Vegetarian Days – 0
Carnivorous Days – 2
Pancakes Eaten – 0
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Lose at least one pound (net weight loss)
– Exercise for thirty minutes no fewer than twenty days
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Eat vegetarian no fewer than ten days
– Not get fired from my job, nor quit my job
– Follow up with doctors, lawyer, women in whom I have interest
– Go out on a least one date with a woman in whom I have interest
– Submit 2012 paperwork for Sharpened Stone, LLC
– Gather all tax paperwork for 2011 income taxes
– Successfully arrange for automatic payments for my mortgage
– Watch all of the classes in the 2011 Winter semester of Stanford’s CS193P (iOS Development) course
2012 Goals [will be a little less fluid than last year]
– Get my weight under 200 pounds, or at least whittle myself back down to where wearing a 36″ pant size is comfortable
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than one one 10K
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Restore the ITP Estate to a condition where it can be put up for sale at any time
– Buy a new iPhone (iPhone 5?), a new iPad (iPad 3?), and MacBook Air [look, not all goals have to be altruistic]
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient and profitable programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– See more live concerts than I did in 2011
– Eat more pancakes
– Drive/Fly somewhere for a real vacation