Because of a doctor (orthopedist) appointment this afternoon I’ve decided to “take the day off from work” (read “work from home while taking a sick day” because it’s the only hope I’ll have of hitting my schedule). Come May/June I am running away, some place where work has no influence.
Yesterday’s Daily Challenge
Reach out to someone you have looked up to in the past and say thank you.
Connecting with someone who inspired you in the past can energize your thinking, because it takes you out of the moment and helps you remember that time in your life. This may help you project to a future time and inspire you to make changes or work toward goals.
Hmmm, I need to do this today.
Back At It Again
In addition to working my ass off, my back has become a huge source of physical pain as well as stress. I won’t go into gory details, but suffice to say that the issue with my back is unsightly as well as being in one of the few spots on my body that I can’t easily reach. I’m going to have to see a doctor about this, and it’s going to have to be sooner than I had initially planned.
Stress from work and pain from body has cause my sleeping to be abysmal. I’ve been sleeping when I should be awake, awake when I should be sleeping, and never really feeling refreshed.
It was a perfect storm of overwork, back pain, and to a minor extent allergies that cause me to decide to skip yesterday’s Wheelhopper hash. I was bummed to skip it given that the start was riding distance from the ITP Estate, it was hared by ITP-Reader Bob, and the weather was perfect.
As Seen On TV
By now this is ancient “news” because the episode of The Office that I watched yesterday originally aired in January. Regardless, while watching scenes of the cast in a Tallahassee hotel bar I recognized a familiar label on some of the beer bottles. Though there was never a close-up, clear shot of the labels I’ve consumed enough Sweetwater beer to recognize the label from afar. When one of the characters walked past the bar’s taps my hypothesis was confirmed when I saw one of Sweetwater’s distinctive fish tap handle.
Our little brewery has grown up. Pretty cool.
ITP Flickr Pic
Nothing today. Boy, it sure has been a long time… 🙁
I’m Treating Myself Today
Because I’ve been feeling lousy and because I’m not in the Perimeter Mall area I am going to treat myself to lunch somewhere today. My first thought is Fox Bros BBQ, though I might try to find a place at which I’ve been meaning to eat.
RealiTV Update: The Amazing Race — Wait, What Happened?
I watched The Amazing Race last night, and by “watched” I mean it was on the TV as I sat there and struggled with my code. Thus, I can barely recall what happened never mind writing a summary of it all. I do remember who got ousted last night and it surprised me a bit.
I also recorded the return of Mad Men to AMC, but I don’t know when I’ll get around to watching it. I hope there was a sufficient recap to catch me up due to their eighteen-month hiatus. Even though I get AMC as part of my Dish Network channel lineup I have ensured not missing an episode by also subscribing to the show in iTunes. Yeah, I could pirate it, but it’s only money…
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – drained
Current Music – listening to a recent “The Candid Frame” podcast
Website Of The Day – Even though my beloved Gators were bounced from the tourney this weekend by Louisville, I’m linking to March Madness today.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing (too much else interfering in my life)
Morning Weigh-In – Wednesday
Foot Mileage – ~41.75 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Days Of Bed-Making – 21 (not including hotel days)
Vegetarian Days – 3
Carnivorous Days – 22
Pancakes Eaten – 0
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2012
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me — Mindy Kahling
– Lose at least three pounds (net weight loss)
– Exercise for thirty minutes no fewer than twenty days
– Not to get sick for the entire month (may be a moot point as of today)
– Eat vegetarian no fewer than ten days
– Not get fired from my job, nor quit my job
– Follow up with doctors, lawyer, women in whom I have interest
– Go out on a least one date with a woman in whom I have interest
– Submit 2012 paperwork for Sharpened Stone, LLC
– File tax paperwork for 2011 income taxes
– Watch all of the classes in the 2011 Winter semester of Stanford’s CS193P (iOS Development) course
2012 Goals [will be a little less fluid than last year]
– Get my weight under 200 pounds, or at least whittle myself back down to where wearing a 36″ pant size is comfortable
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than one one 10K
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Restore the ITP Estate to a condition where it can be put up for sale at any time
– Buy a new iPhone (iPhone 5?), a new iPad (iPad 3?), and MacBook Air [look, not all goals have to be altruistic]
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient and profitable programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– See more live concerts than I did in 2011
– Eat more pancakes
– Drive/Fly somewhere for a real vacation