I’m glad to report that this is not an automated post which was scheduled for publishing today. No, I’m writing this on April 6th (aka Good Friday) from the comfort of my own bed. I’m recovering fairly well, though the medication administered to me yesterday has continued to leave me in a pseudo-hungover state. My back is a little tender, and I’m trying not to do anything strange which would endanger the integrity of my stitches.
Many thanks go out to ITP-Readers Betsy and Martha who successfully delivered and picked my up yesterday.
In between naps and work I’m hoping to have a fantastic lunch somewhere today.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Lighten your load by cleaning out your purse, backpack, or bag.
Carrying extra weight (especially on one side) interferes with the natural movement of your muscles, bones, and joints. That can lead to serious pain in the back, shoulders, neck, hamstrings, and knees. Don’t carry any bag that weighs more than 10% of your body weight. A handbag should ideally weigh only 1 to 2 pounds (.5 to .9 kilograms).
Talk about timely, I lessened my load by having the sebaceous cysts on my back removed. Seems a little more drastic than they had intended, but hey we all do things in our own way.
Can Anyone Tell Me What Happened Between 1315 and 1615?
After a long time spent in pre-op I was rolled into OR at 1:15pm, where I was administered a drug via my IV which knocked me out completely. When I awoke again around 4:15pm I was in the recovery area being spoken to by an absurdly cute (but married) female nurse.
At this time Martha was called and patiently sat through the post-op instructions which I tried hard to memorize while in my woozy state. I know that I need to call the doctor’s office today and schedule a follow-up for next week. And I’m pretty sure that I’ll be able to have the dressing removed from my back and be able to shower later this afternoon.
ITP Flickr Pic
None, though this will return next week.
Can Anyone Tell Me What Happened Between 1730 and Now?
Miss Martha dropped me off and I went straight to bed. She politely agreed to call me around 8:00pm to see if I needed anything. I don’t think that I was awake for more than five minutes when I dozed off soundly. I had shut my phone off because I didn’t want errant sounds waking me. When I awoke again it was 8:00pm, so I quickly turned my phone on again. As she had promised Martha had called, so I called her back and informed her that all was well.
And then I went back to sleep again…
I awoke a few times during the evening, but had no trouble going back to sleep again immediately.
I Should Have Weighed Myself This Morning
After my Chinese buffet on Wednesday night I had nothing to eat/drink, with the exception of a post-op can of ginger ale and two saltines, until earlier this morning. The only reason I ate this morning was to make an attempt to knock back the hangover feeling.
I’m sure my lack of caloric intake combined with the loss of whatever was removed yesterday must have put me at my lightest weight in some time. 🙂
I Look Forward To Seeing Many Of You Tomorrow Night
Tomorrow night there will be a shindig celebrating the tenth anniversary of ITP-Reader Barb and her hubby Allan. I was honored to be an attendee during that weekend’s festivities, and will be equally honored to celebrate it again tomorrow.
Thankfully there will probably no Delicato wine to be had. Thankfully I won’t make a fool of myself by failing twice in the pursuit of women. Maybe not-so-thankfully I think that I might be limited to non-alcoholic beverages.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – groggy
Current Music – listening to a “Mac Geek Gab” podcast
Website Of The Day – I know little about Daily Motion, but I stumbled upon it while Googling for the Daily Challenge’s website.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – haven’t checked
Foot Mileage – ~7.5 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Days – 2
Carnivorous Days – 3
Pancakes Eaten – 0
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2012
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me — Mindy Kahling
- Flotsametrics and the Floating World: How One Man’s Obsession with Runaway Sneakers and Rubber Ducks Revolutionized Ocean Science — Curtis Ebbesmeyer
– Lose at least three pounds (net weight loss)
– Completely recover from my sebaceous cyst surgery
– Exercise for thirty minutes no fewer than twenty days
– Not to get sick for the entire month (may be a moot point as of today)
– Eat vegetarian no fewer than ten days
– Not get fired from my job, nor quit my job
– Follow up with doctors, lawyer, women in whom I have interest
– Go out on a least one date with a woman in whom I have interest
– Watch all of the classes in the 2011 Winter semester of Stanford’s CS193P (iOS Development) course
2012 Goals [will be a little less fluid than last year]
– Get my weight under 200 pounds, or at least whittle myself back down to where wearing a 36″ pant size is comfortable
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than one one 10K
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Restore the ITP Estate to a condition where it can be put up for sale at any time
– Buy a new iPhone (iPhone 5?), a new iPad (iPad 3?), and MacBook Air [look, not all goals have to be altruistic]
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient and profitable programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– See more live concerts than I did in 2011
– Eat more pancakes
– Drive/Fly somewhere for a real vacation