I spent another long day at the office yesterday, and will again today (at least until I drive down to Variety Playhouse for tonight’s Dirty Projectors show).
Today’s Personal Project
Enjoy tonight’s Dirty Projectors show.
Start my sit up and pushup routine.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Use a smaller plate for your largest meal of the day.
Larger dinner plates mean bigger servings of food! We tend to eat all of what is on our plates, whether we are really hungry for it or not. By switching to a smaller plate, you may find that you’re just as satisfied – but with less food.
This is really good advice. I should do this for all of the meals I dish out.
My Home Away From Home
I miss going to Taco Mac a lot. So last night after leaving the office I swung by the Perimeter Mall location and had a beer and some nachos. Taco Mac has changed the format of its beer menu, making my selection process much harder, but the rest of the evening was like all of my other trips to Taco Mac.
ITP Flickr Pic
Sometimes animals in a zoo seem to know what cameras are.
(confession: I only helped take this photo. The shutter was pressed by ITP-Readers Lisa’s and Randy’s eldest boy, I focused and held the camera as he aimed and shot.)
One Small Box At A Time
In accordance with one of yesterday’s Personal Projects I packed up a small box of books and things with the intent of taking it to Goodwill today or tomorrow. It’s becoming harder and harder to part with things, but I need to keep identifying only the items I own which I really need or want, and get rid of the rest.
It’s all part of the Super-Duper Secret Master Plan…
I Need To Catch Up
I have a pile of laundry to take to a lavanderia; that’s a secondary issue however. More importantly I now have two Top Chef Masters episodes to watch. ITP-Reader Betsy, if you happen to read today’s blog let me know if you are available for dinner and Top Chef Masters viewing either Saturday or Sunday.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay, bummed that I have so much belly fat still
Current Music – listening to the latest “The Story” podcast
Website Of The Day – I wasn’t sure why the hotel’s flags were at half mast (turns out we’re doing this because of the Wisconsin shootings). Since we seem to fly our flags at half mast more often then ever you can get notifications to do so from Half Staff American Flag Notifications.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – walking, ~5.4 miles
Morning Weigh-In – I haven’t checked in ages, I probably should soon
Foot Mileage – ~5.4 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 19
Carnivorous Meals – 5
Pancakes Eaten – 0
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Eat no fewer than forty-five vegetarian meals
– Take at least one load of stuff from my house to Goodwill
– Take unused electronics to recycling center
– Post at least ten new photos during the month (let’s try this again)
– Lose at least two pounds (net weight loss)
– Finish two books (audio or otherwise, comic books do not qualify)
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Exercise for thirty minutes no fewer than twenty days
– Ride no fewer than 150 miles (might be hard given the amount of travel scheduled this month)
– Walk (or run) no fewer than 75 miles
– Do no fewer than 750 sit-ups
– Do no fewer than 300 push-ups
2012 Goals [will be a little less fluid than last year]
– Get my weight under 200 pounds, or at least whittle myself back down to where wearing a 36″ pant size is comfortable
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than one one 10K
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Restore the ITP Estate to a condition where it can be put up for sale at any time
– Buy a new iPhone (iPhone 5?),
a new iPad (iPad 3?), and MacBook Air [look, not all goals have to be altruistic]
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient and profitable programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– See more live concerts than I did in 2011
– Eat more pancakes
– Drive/Fly somewhere for a real vacation
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2012
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me — Mindy Kahling
- Flotsametrics and the Floating World: How One Man’s Obsession with Runaway Sneakers and Rubber Ducks Revolutionized Ocean Science — Curtis Ebbesmeyer
- God, No! — Penn Jillette
- The Elephant to Hollywood — Michael Caine
- Here Comes Trouble — Michael Moore
- How We Decide — Jonah Lehrer
- Steve Jobs — Walter Isaacson
- Death of a Salesman (Penguin Plays) — Arthur Miller
- Fahrenheit 451 — Ray Bradbury
I had a Betsy sighting on Tuesday evening! Nice to see you, Betsy!
Just goes to prove there is a website for EVERYTHING!
A fairly warm run last night, but I did better than I have in the past. I did run a half hour on Monday, so maybe just getting back into a regular routine will help.
These 5 day work weeks are murder.. and it’s only day 4, ugh!
Bob, can you bring an order of poutine with you?
Steve, I admit that I was only marginally surprised to find a website dedicated to this information. At least this information is somewhat useful…
Because I missed Monday my workday identity is off again this week. Btw – when does the “Meet at George’s Once-a-Month Wednesday begin”?
I think that is the same kind of turtle we found in the garden as we, well, really Allan was using the weedeater trying to tame the jungle.
We went for a little hike with Arbitrary & Ball Handler at Kennesaw mtn last night, they have a big backpacking trip out west & she wanted to start wearing her pack to get used to it. Then, took all the calories burned back in with a Mexican dinner. It was fun, very humid, I sweated out a good bunch of hopefully bad toxins.
If I can find time on FB to get the invite out, it will start next week- 3rd Wednesday at Georges… hopefully that will go out today.
Those two are so active. Perhaps it was a good thing Arb and I didn’t work out, I never could have stayed up with her.
According to MapMyRide I burned 440 calories this morning. I think I have already consumed 400 of those. 🙁
they do CRAZY trips. They are also doing a week long bike ride down in Central America to the Mayan ruins to a end of the world party – it is going to be pretty freakin hard – the mileage & feet of climbing is pretty insane.
We are doing a double century ride on the SCT to Anniston AL (Sept 22-23 if any of you are interested) and she is thinking about doing it on her mountain bike (with new slicks) to train. We were thinking about the tandem, but neither me or Allan is comfortable on it for that many miles, so we will have to ride our own separate bikes. We will be self supporting, taking the bob trailer – should be fun! (well, except the mileage, that will be a killer). Some pf Team Geek is going too, it will be interesting, stop in Cedartown for lunch, etc.
Barb, I’ve been so impressed by how active you’ve been lately. You’re making me feel a little lazy some days 🙂
Speaking of riding, anyone going Saturday? I’ve got 40 on the schedule. Some friends are doing Silk Sheets, but they are the same ones I rode with last week. I’d feel guilty having them wait on me two weeks in a row.
I’m working from home today. It’s been a crazy ass week. If I can get this proposal submitted soon, I might try heading out to Stone Mountain for some hill repeats…well if it doesn’t rain. Otherwise, I might try the bootcamp at the gym.
DOUBLE CENTURY? Yikes! 🙂 I may be interested in a piece of that action if it’s not the weekend of camping Lisa was talking about when I was in Raleigh.
I can’t ride Saturday because I’ll be in a photography seminar/workshop/meetup all day in Roswell. I have a lot of coding to do this weekend, but weather permitting I will try to get some sort of riding in on Sunday.
FB event posted for next Wednesday at George’s… we’ll see what happens.
Martha – I can’t even come close to your level of activity!
We will possibly ride Saturday, but I’m waiting to hear from the people that are FINALLY come get the fridge that has been sitting in my garage for the past few months. Rumor has it Saturday morning they are coming to get it.
Then we have a pool party to go to, a friends son turns 15, but really we are just going becaase of the pool part of the day & we haven’t hung out with these people in forever.
Sunday is a better possibilty for a ride…. no plans yet.
Paul – Ray is meeting us for lunch, starting in Cedartown. Not sure what that mileage is – I”m going to guess closer to 50 to Anniston.