This time I am not without the tools for shaving, but rather I was out of time to shave. I’m currently waiting for the 8:00am meeting into which I was pulled, it’s now 8:05am, and even with cutting my walk short this morning I didn’t have time to scrape the crap off my face.
Today’s Personal Project
Shave. [update @ 9:14am — DONE!]
Today’s Daily Challenge
Plan to leave ten minutes early for your destination one time this week.
When we have increased stress, we become a lot less productive! While we’re rushing around, it’s more difficult to concentrate, mood swings are more common, and as a result our relationships at home and work may suffer. Adding a cushion of time by leaving ten minutes early gives a buffer that can help make the day more manageable for you and for those around you.
I am rarely late for an appointment. However, had I referenced this before now I might have had time to shave before this meeting began.
Two Bottles Of Wine, Two Thai Entrees, Three Bitches, And Two Top Chef Masters Episodes
I arrived in Glenwood Park with just enough time to get into the wine store prior to its 7:30pm closing (seems early to me, but probably very late for the proprietor). Two bottles of white in hand I headed over to ITP-Reader Betsy’s, where we immediately headed out to get some take away Thai food from Spoon.
“It’s half price bottle night on all wines. You can take the rest of the bottle with you.” said the polite woman behind the bar as we perused the menu. Well who can argue with that logic?!? 😉
After our food arrived we took the wine, as well as the food we ordered, back to Betsy’s to watch a couple of episodes of Top Chef Masters all the time surrounded by her three female dogs.
I believe that a fun night was had by all.
I tried this as part of an exchange with one of my brother’s friends a few weeks ago.
I Think I Bought A “Wednesday” Phone
Today Apple is supposed to announce iPhone 5, or “The ‘New’ iPhone”, or whatever. While I am 95% sure that I will be buying one immediately when they are available.
This morning I dropped my iPhone 4, thus marking the third time it has been overtaken by gravity until it hit the concrete, and once again it survived the fall. iPhones have been notoriously bad for being critically damaged by even the slightest of falls, so I am once again amazed that mine has survived. It probably knows that its daily usage is about to come to an end soon.
Today, It’s Back To Working Late
And who knows, maybe a late-night trip to Taco Mac.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – okay, but a bit tired even though I didn’t walk this morning as far as I normally do
Current Music – silence, mostly because I am sitting in a meeting.
Website Of The Day – Workout Anytime was quick to update their website. Not more than two days after I noticed that the location on Hammond Drive (one I considered joining) was cleaned out there is no mention of it on their website.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – walking/jogging, ~4.8 miles
Morning Weigh-In – will check again tomorrow
Foot Mileage – ~35.6 miles
Wheel Mileage – ~50.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 17
Carnivorous Meals – 13
Pancakes Eaten – 3
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Wear “nice” clothes to work at least twice a week, if for no other reason than to have people wonder why I am dressing up. New!
– Eat no fewer than forty-five vegetarian meals
– Take at least one load of stuff from my house to Goodwill
– Take unused electronics to recycling center
– Post at least ten new photos during the month
– Lose at least two pounds (net weight loss)
– Finish two books (audio or otherwise, comic books do not qualify)
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Exercise for thirty minutes no fewer than twenty days
– Ride no fewer than 100 miles
– Walk (or run) no fewer than 100 miles
– Do no fewer than 750 sit-ups
– Do no fewer than 300 push-ups
– Read a non-techincal book
2012 Goals [will be a little less fluid than last year]
– Get my weight under 200 pounds, or at least whittle myself back down to where wearing a 36″ pant size is comfortable
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than one one 10K
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Restore the ITP Estate to a condition where it can be put up for sale at any time
– Buy a new iPhone (iPhone 5?),
a new iPad (iPad 3?), and MacBook Air [look, not all goals have to be altruistic]
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient and profitable programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– See more live concerts than I did in 2011
– Eat more pancakes
– Drive/Fly somewhere for a real vacation
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2012
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me — Mindy Kahling
- Flotsametrics and the Floating World: How One Man’s Obsession with Runaway Sneakers and Rubber Ducks Revolutionized Ocean Science — Curtis Ebbesmeyer
- God, No! — Penn Jillette
- The Elephant to Hollywood — Michael Caine
- Here Comes Trouble — Michael Moore
- How We Decide — Jonah Lehrer
- Steve Jobs — Walter Isaacson
- Death of a Salesman (Penguin Plays) — Arthur Miller
- Fahrenheit 451 — Ray Bradbury