Yesterday was so nice, clear, and crisp. I was ready to usher in Fall (which starts either today or tomorrow I believe). But noooooooo! Today the air was as heavy and almost as wet as it was on Tuesday morning. I didn’t let that stop me however.
Today’s Personal Project
Get my work done and pack the car for this weekend. I wonder what food I should bring.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Sit with your shins touching the floor and your backside resting on your feet; breathe in and out.
This quick exercise provides a nice stretch for the tops and bottoms of the feet, which can feel good anytime, and especially first thing in the morning or at the end of a long day. It promotes flexibility in the legs, as well. Finally, the focus on breathing brings a moment of centeredness to your day.
Wish I had read this prior to stretching this morning, I would have done it then.
Pushed To The Limits
Another long day at work ahead of me. Today I will thankfully not be slowed down by the urge to download software updates. Playing network administrator cost me a good three hours of productivity last night. I was drawn to downloading software updates like a moth is drawn to a lightbulb. It was almost humorous at times. I’d fall asleep, wake up, walk into the den, and then push the downloading to the next step.
At least I think I did all that. I wonder if I have dreamt it all?
Today is/was the day that I am/was supposed to deliver the Alpha version of my app. Well see how that goes; hopefully it won’t be nightmarish.
Do I, Or Don’t I?
I’m thinking about upgrading my iPhone 4 to iOS 6 today. Normally I’d not hesitate to do so, but Apple has had a way of making “older” hardware seem less responsive when they’ve introduced iOS updates. If I had half a brain I’d wait until returning home from this weekend’s excursion, this way I can read the reviews of how well iOS 6 is performing on iPhone 4s.
Tune in again tomorrow to find out…
Arg, I Know There Was Something Else About Which I Wanted To Blog
And for the life of me I cannot remember what it is! Oh well, when I remember it later I mention it in the comments or hold it for tomorrow.
Have a great day everyone!
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – waiting for some (non-medical) results
Current Music – silence, though I’m getting ready to go into “programmer mode” and don some headphones and pump white noise into my ears
Website Of The Day – Atlanta Bike To Work is putting a big push to get people to commute to work from October 1-28. However, most of the roads in this city are still cyclist-unfriendly. I hope that no one gets seriously hurt doing this. Been there. Done that. Have the scars and pain to prove it.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – walking, ~5.3 miles
Morning Weigh-In – checking again tomorrow
Foot Mileage – ~64.9 miles
Wheel Mileage – ~50.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 30
Carnivorous Meals – 23
Pancakes Eaten – 3
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Wear “nice” clothes to work at least twice a week, if for no other reason than to have people wonder why I am dressing up. New!
– Eat no fewer than forty-five vegetarian meals
– Take at least one load of stuff from my house to Goodwill
– Take unused electronics to recycling center
– Post at least ten new photos during the month
– Lose at least two pounds (net weight loss)
– Finish two books (audio or otherwise, comic books do not qualify)
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Exercise for thirty minutes no fewer than twenty days
– Ride no fewer than 100 miles
– Walk (or run) no fewer than 100 miles
– Do no fewer than 750 sit-ups
– Do no fewer than 300 push-ups
– Read a non-techincal book
2012 Goals [will be a little less fluid than last year]
– Get my weight under 200 pounds, or at least whittle myself back down to where wearing a 36″ pant size is comfortable
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than one one 10K
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Restore the ITP Estate to a condition where it can be put up for sale at any time
– Buy a new iPhone (iPhone 5?),
a new iPad (iPad 3?), and MacBook Air [look, not all goals have to be altruistic]
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient and profitable programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– See more live concerts than I did in 2011
– Eat more pancakes
– Drive/Fly somewhere for a real vacation
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2012
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me — Mindy Kahling
- Flotsametrics and the Floating World: How One Man’s Obsession with Runaway Sneakers and Rubber Ducks Revolutionized Ocean Science — Curtis Ebbesmeyer
- God, No! — Penn Jillette
- The Elephant to Hollywood — Michael Caine
- Here Comes Trouble — Michael Moore
- How We Decide — Jonah Lehrer
- Steve Jobs — Walter Isaacson
- Death of a Salesman (Penguin Plays) — Arthur Miller
- Fahrenheit 451 — Ray Bradbury