In the final days of its daily-use life I updated my iPhone 4 to iOS 6 last night. I guess I’ve just sentenced myself to not being able to navigate anywhere correctly any longer.
Today’s Personal Project
Put away all of my camping gear, because you know, the kitchen is apparently not the place for it to be.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Learn the signs and symptoms of sleep apnea.
Obstructive sleep apnea is a common condition that causes pauses in breathing or shallow breathing when sleeping. Because it causes poor quality sleep, it’s the leading cause of daytime drowsiness and lethargy. And even if you don’t have the condition yourself, the snoring of a bedmate with sleep apnea can interrupt your rest at night and affect your well-being by day. Reviewing the signs and symptoms may help you (or someone close to you) recognize a problem.
Bedmate? Don’t I wish.
I’m Not Sure Why I Even Went Home
I worked until 9:40pm last night. I considered going over to Taco Mac afterwards, but given that my belly was still full of pizza that a couple of coworkers and I ordered in and consumed I thought that the extra calories of beer would be ill-advised.
Leaving work at that time got me home to East Atlanta around 10:30pm, and by the time I got everything situated I was asleep by around 11:00pm. Given that I had to be out of the house by 6:00am(ish) so that I could get some exercise in this morning (because I’ve quickly found out that if I put it off until afternoon right now it just doesn’t happen) I spent a whopping 7.5 hours in the house — most if it spent sleeping.
Sometimes it hardly seems worth returning home, especially since there is nothing to draw me there. (Stifle with the “get a dog!” talk because I’m still not budging on that.)
I’m Making My Bed Again
But I’m not sure why as it’s become readily-apparent that I shan’t be sharing it with anyone in the near future. Dangen!
I May Be At George’s Tonight
As I mentioned above I’ve already got my daily exercise in today. However, if I can escape the office at what is a reasonable time for most American workers, I just make my way into Virginia-Highland for a beer.
That’s All For Today
The past two days I’ve been blogging strongly, but with yesterday being consumed nearly entirely by work I have little about which to blog today. Take over in the comments, tell me what I’ve forgetting to mention.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – down
Current Music – listening to “Yeungling Presents Coming Live To The Orange Peel”, which reminds me, I need to do another weekend, or few days, in Asheville soon (maybe ahead of LEAF?)
Website Of The Day – Weelicious is a food blog targeted at preparing food for children. Given my hash name is “Wee Little Bit” it’s unfortunate that they don’t sell t-shirts, because you know that I’d buy one and wear it when I return to hashing.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – shit, I forgot to weigh myself this morning
Foot Mileage – ~70.2 miles
Wheel Mileage – ~90.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Days Of Bed-Making – 3
Vegetarian Meals – 41
Carnivorous Meals – 27
Pancakes Eaten – 12
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Wear “nice” clothes to work at least twice a week, if for no other reason than to have people wonder why I am dressing up. New!
– Eat no fewer than forty-five vegetarian meals
– Take at least one load of stuff from my house to Goodwill
– Take unused electronics to recycling center
– Post at least ten new photos during the month
– Lose at least two pounds (net weight loss)
– Finish two books (audio or otherwise, comic books do not qualify)
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Exercise for thirty minutes no fewer than twenty days
– Ride no fewer than 100 miles
– Walk (or run) no fewer than 100 miles
– Do no fewer than 750 sit-ups
– Do no fewer than 300 push-ups
– Read a non-techincal book
2012 Goals [will be a little less fluid than last year]
– Get my weight under 200 pounds, or at least whittle myself back down to where wearing a 36″ pant size is comfortable
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than one one 10K
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Restore the ITP Estate to a condition where it can be put up for sale at any time
– Buy a new iPhone (iPhone 5?),
a new iPad (iPad 3?), and MacBook Air [look, not all goals have to be altruistic]
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient and profitable programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– See more live concerts than I did in 2011
– Eat more pancakes
– Drive/Fly somewhere for a real vacation
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2012
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me — Mindy Kahling
- Flotsametrics and the Floating World: How One Man’s Obsession with Runaway Sneakers and Rubber Ducks Revolutionized Ocean Science — Curtis Ebbesmeyer
- God, No! — Penn Jillette
- The Elephant to Hollywood — Michael Caine
- Here Comes Trouble — Michael Moore
- How We Decide — Jonah Lehrer
- Steve Jobs — Walter Isaacson
- Death of a Salesman (Penguin Plays) — Arthur Miller
- Fahrenheit 451 — Ray Bradbury
I can help fill in a few lines today. Big news down in Woodland Hills…someone drove through Zestos this morning. Not just ran into the building, the SUV was all the way inside the building. Yikes!!
Whoa, maybe things are going so shittily for me after all. The back pain I started to get on this morning’s jog/walk are nothing compared to that.
Everything is relative, it doesn’t take too much looking around to see how good thing really are for you.
Waiting for my laptop to be upgraded to Windies 7 so this may be the last communications for a while!!!
No exercise for me yesterday as I had a dentist appointment and the weekly Games meeting last night. No Georges for me this evening as I have a certain WIFE to take out for BIRTHDAY DINNER!!! Happy birthday sweetie!
That work stuff sure is time consuming!!
Oh, The Avengers came out on video yesterday. Right now I can only buy it on Amazon, hopefully I can rent it soon. (it does look like it is available for rental from iTunes but I don’t want to try and mess with getting iTunes to work with my kindle, I’m lazy)
Shit, I made a mental note (and we all know what that is worth) to mention Debbie’s birthday today. Happy birthday Debbie, I hope that you have a great day.
Where are you crazy kids headed for dinner?
Well, I thought we might go to Founders in Senoia (http://www.foundersrestaurant.com/) but madame chose Sa Za Pizza in Newnan, which is also a good choice with a website that doesn’t want to load.
Happy Birthday DebBie!!!
Martha – Allan said he’s going to buy The Avengers – he liked it that much. We don’t buy DVDs very often…..
Busy as shit here (damn end of the month shipping), but we may go to Tasty China tonight, House of Boobs has been wantng to go & wants us to meet her there. Seems like a decent idea………
Thanks for the Birthday wishes!
I loved Avengers!! Probably won’t buy it because we seem to lose our DVD case for months on end when it gets misplaced after a trip.
Hope your back is feeling better Paulie.