Whether it be allergies or a full-on cold my night was not what I wanted as I skipped the play, worked until 8pm, and the promptly returned home and went to bed. I’m additionally bummed by my wasting of money on this play because I just bought the ticket Tuesday when I had no idea that I wouldn’t be able to attend due to illness.
I’m still in bed and have already alerted work that I won’t be in, though I will be working from home today. Dangen.
Today’s Personal Project
Feel better enough to go out to The EARL for tonight’s Hold Steady concert.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Set a timer and spend fifteen minutes de-cluttering one spot, such as your closet, files, or inbox.
Removing clutter and getting organized helps us feel more productive, energized, and less stressed. But sometimes we get so overwhelmed by a project that we don’t even start. By setting a manageable goal of 15 minutes’ worth of work, you will feel much more confident as you dive in. And seeing your progress may even motivate you to take on more 15-minute chunks in the future.
If I can get out of bed I’ll de-clutter a physical location, if not I’ll work on my inboxes.
Bring On The Heat
With the temperature dropping outside my house has settled into a upper-60s° F atmosphere. While I can normally ignore the drop below 70° F, I cannot when I’m not feeling well. So this morning I broke out the space heater, closed my bedroom and bathroom off to the rest of the house, and am attempting to warm my space.
Not Much Else To Report
I’ve just started a loaf of bread for later. I think that I am going to try to go back to sleep now…
See you all tomorrow.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – sick, tired, sad
Current Music – listening to the latest “Coverville” podcast
Website Of The Day – Who would ever guess that I’d recommend a bartender that doesn’t serve drinks? If your Mac has so many Menu Bar icons that there is no more room (like my Macbook) then you need Mac Bartender. Buy it now while it’s in Beta and you’ll save 50%.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – not going into work today
Exercise (b)Log – jogging/walking, ~5.4 miles (which probably didn’t help matters yesterday, though the only pain I felt post-exercise was a tweaked back.)
Morning Weigh-In – not checking today
Foot Mileage – ~40.8 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Days Of Bed-Making – 10 (I can’t up this count because I’m still in bed)
Vegetarian Meals – 19
Carnivorous Meals – 9
Pancakes Eaten – 0
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– Wear “nice” clothes to work at least twice a week, if for no other reason than to have people wonder why I am dressing up. New!
– Eat no fewer than forty-five vegetarian meals
– Take at least one load of stuff from my house to Goodwill
– Take unused electronics to recycling center
– Post at least ten new photos during the month
– Lose at least two pounds (net weight loss)
– Finish two books (audio or otherwise, comic books do not qualify)
– Not to get sick for the entire month
– Exercise for thirty minutes no fewer than twenty days
– Ride no fewer than 100 miles
– Walk (or run) no fewer than 100 miles
– Do no fewer than 750 sit-ups
– Do no fewer than 300 push-ups
– Read a non-techincal book
– Find someone else to go out on a date with
2012 Goals [will be a little less fluid than last year]
– Get my weight under 200 pounds, or at least whittle myself back down to where wearing a 36″ pant size is comfortable
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than one one 10K
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Restore the ITP Estate to a condition where it can be put up for sale at any time
– Buy a new
iPhone (iPhone 5), a new iPad (iPad 3?), and MacBook Air [look, not all goals have to be altruistic]
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient and profitable programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– See more live concerts than I did in 2011
– Eat more pancakes
– Drive/Fly somewhere for a real vacation
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2012
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me — Mindy Kahling
- Flotsametrics and the Floating World: How One Man’s Obsession with Runaway Sneakers and Rubber Ducks Revolutionized Ocean Science — Curtis Ebbesmeyer
- God, No! — Penn Jillette
- The Elephant to Hollywood — Michael Caine
- Here Comes Trouble — Michael Moore
- How We Decide — Jonah Lehrer
- Steve Jobs — Walter Isaacson
- Death of a Salesman (Penguin Plays) — Arthur Miller
- Fahrenheit 451 — Ray Bradbury