At least I did something last night…
Today’s Personal Project
I’ve already dropped off my shirts for dry cleaning (something that’s been on the To Do list for days), so now I have to make sure to get some exercise this afternoon.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Eat one stress-busting food with omega-3 fatty acids, like tuna, salmon, walnuts, or spinach.
Research studies have shown that omega-3s help to lessen levels of cortisol and other stress hormones in the blood and can provide relief from stress and anxiety. Getting more omega-3s in your diet isn’t only tasty, but may help you better deal with daily tensions and stresses, too.
I really should eat better, doing so would help me on many levels.
I’m Walking In Moonlight
Last night I changed into some workout clothes and headed out of the office building. At first I couldn’t decide whether a walk or “run” would be in order, but in the end I chose the
latter former. It was a simple choice, really, as I’ve done nothing for weeks and didn’t want to risk injury or being so dejected with my body that I’d not keep up exercising.
I covered about 5.4 miles in an ungodly long amount of time. But at least I did something positive.
It Was As If I Donated $5
The other night I attempted to buy a download of This American Life‘s recent video release. Though I heard the show “on the radio” (read “via podcast”) I wanted to relive the show with the visuals, and besides, they are only charging $5.
I went through the process of making the purchase using Amazon Payments, and then an error occurred. I received the email from Amazon Payments confirming my $5 purchase, but never received the email containing the download link. I waited. And waited. And waited. After awhile I shrugged my shoulders and considered my $5 more of a charitable donation than money remitted for a product.
Yesterday I received an email telling me that there was an issue with Amazon Payments which has been resolved and that I should attempt my purchase again. However, there was no mention of a $5 credit to my account so I am reticent to make another $5 commitment.
Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, won’t get fooled again…
No Third Wednesday For Me
With the Raleigh Royalty in town (I’m baiting ITP-Readers Lisa and Randy to see if either reads this space today) I’ll be headed over to Sanitary’s house to hang out with the “family” tonight. Unfortunately Thanksgiving falls on the third Thursday of November this year, which means that I will be skipping Third Wednesday at George’s Bar.
Have fun y’all.
If You Are Around
I am definitely taking a vacation from blogging tomorrow, but I may crank something out Friday morning in time for reading while resting your tootsies after doing some Black Friday shopping.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – fair, concerned
Current Music – listening to a recent Coverville podcast
Website Of The Day – Did you know that this year marks the 86th year of the Macy*s Thanksgiving Day Parade?
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – walking, ~5.4 miles
Morning Weigh-In – not checking still
Foot Mileage – ~17.1 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 6 flights
Days Of Bed-Making – 11*
Vegetarian Meals – 28
Carnivorous Meals – 30
Pancakes Eaten – 2
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
2012 Goals [will be a little less fluid than last year]
– Get my weight under 200 pounds, or at least whittle myself back down to where wearing a 36″ pant size is comfortable
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than one one 10K
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Restore the ITP Estate to a condition where it can be put up for sale at any time
– Buy a new
iPhone (iPhone 5), a new iPad (iPad 3?), and MacBook Air [look, not all goals have to be altruistic]
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient and profitable programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– See more live concerts than I did in 2011
– Drive/Fly somewhere for a real vacation
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2012
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me — Mindy Kahling
- Flotsametrics and the Floating World: How One Man’s Obsession with Runaway Sneakers and Rubber Ducks Revolutionized Ocean Science — Curtis Ebbesmeyer
- God, No! — Penn Jillette
- The Elephant to Hollywood — Michael Caine
- Here Comes Trouble — Michael Moore
- How We Decide — Jonah Lehrer
- Steve Jobs — Walter Isaacson
- Death of a Salesman (Penguin Plays) — Arthur Miller
- Fahrenheit 451 — Ray Bradbury
- White Jacket Required — Jenna Weber
I seem to recall Bunny has replied positively about attending 3rd Wednesday, so maybe more of the Raleigh Royalty will make it??
We’re just back from taking Farley to the vet. He woke up as lame as could be- trust me 170 lbs of lame dog is no fun. The vet says he might have strained something but nothing was obviously painful. She said he’s not the biggest and bravest when it comes to pain- and we both reminded her that he is INDEED the biggest!
Off on a bike ride, then pie baking this afternoon before heading North.
I certainly expect to see some of you this evening.
We are hoping to show up at George’s tonight – as long as the holiday traffic doesn’t totally suck. You know me, I’m so used to not driving anywhere, the thought of sitting in the car for a long time in traffic just isn’t very appetizing.
I need to text Lisa…… need to see what the schedule is, hoping to be able to hang out at some point this weekend.
Hmm, email notification seems to be on vacation…
I have no idea what tonight’s plan is, but with them having two small children I defer to them.
Happy Thanksgiving all!
Sorry to be missing the beebes and all the other festivities going on as we are up at my mothers place in SC. At least I’m getting a mtn bike ride in 🙂
“…whether a walk or ‘run’ would be in order, but in the end I chose the latter.” I think you mean, “the former.”
I’m running the ATL half marathon in the morning, then having the big feast with good friends in Grant Park. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Paulie and everyone else!
Dangen! You are correct again, Jenka. 🙂
Have a wonderful run tomorrow. Pity that this year I shan’t be out there (drinking beer) and cheering on the runners.