The funk persists and my energy level is at a near all-time low.
Today’s Personal Project
Get rid of this shit!
Today’s Daily Challenge
Leave one thing off your to-do list.
A too-packed to-do list can be tough on your mental health! Holding off on certain tasks can protect your happiness and well-being. Research shows that people who strongly value their social lives – versus choosing to spend extra time at work or on household chores – are happier. That pile of laundry will still be there when you come back for it tomorrow!
Monthly Recap: November
The month of November comes to a close today. I didn’t grow any facial hair for Movember, nor did I particpate in NaNoWriMo — National Novel Writing Month. In fact, I didn’t do much of anything productive (save work) this month.
Clearly the highlights of the month were camping at FDR State Park, and seeing the Raleigh Royalty over Thanksgiving.
Fun Time Celebrating BWanA’s 60th
I made it out of work about 7:30pm after helping build our latest Beta release for the product on which I’ve been toiling the past two years. By the time I got to Jill’s (aka “SuperSuck”) house (after finally remembering how to get to her street) the street was lined with vehicles. A party was on!
In the house was the typical assortment of hashing types, BWanA’s kids, and people who claim to know BWanA outside of the hashing realm (I suppose that it could happen). Also inside the house were trays of delicious Fox Bros BBQ food — pork, brisket, mac-n-cheese, and cole slaw. YUMMY! Outside the house was a keg of Coney Island Lager, into which I help put “a dent.”
During the evening I made sure to give birthday wishes to BWanA from the ITP-Readership.
I arrived home shortly after 11pm and promptly went to sleep. I believe that a fun night was had by all.
The New iTunes Is Here! The New iTunes Is Here!
Apple barely kept their promise of delivering iTunes 11 “in November” (after not being able to keep the promise of delivering “in October”). I write software for a living, I understand that shit happens.
I downloaded the new version and have fired it up. It’s “different” but only in the way you get to the things you want to get to. Time will tell if this is an improvement over iTunes 10; let’s hope so.
Okay Wordsmiths, Help Me Out
Did the word “pair” ever mean “in proper order”? Here’s why I ask…
While walking past a fire hydrant this morning I noticed a sign which stated “Fire System Impaired At This Location.” Obviously we say something is “impaired” when it is not functioning correctly. And to fix the problem we perform a “repair.” See where I am going with this? Am I reading too much in to the words “impair” and “repair?”
A Big Weekend Ahead
Tomorrow starts a new month (the last month ever if you believe the Mayans). I am expecting it to be a momentous month for me. Already on the docket is a return to exercising, taking photos, and the official dissolving of Sharpened Stone, LLC (so that I can avoid the paperwork and fee fiascos next year).
The exercise assumes that the funk has been exorcised by then. The photography will happen, even if I have to take a photo of the huge number which will appear on the scale tomorrow when I weigh in.
Tomorrow night I’ll be picking up my buddy Mike and heading over to Terminal West for the Japandroids show. I’m looking forward to enjoying that, hopefully my body will be in repair.
Oh yeah, there is also some American Football Game played by “amateurs” happening tomorrow. I think that I shall steer clear of all that nonsense by driving up to the Perimeter Mall area and go into the office.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – better, still not good, but better; very tired
Current Music – silence
Website Of The Day – Don’t forget to start opening Santa Games‘ Advent Calendar tomorrow!
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing
Morning Weigh-In – checking again tomorrow
Foot Mileage – ~17.1 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 6 flights
Days Of Bed-Making – 11*
Vegetarian Meals – 28
Carnivorous Meals – 30
Pancakes Eaten – 2
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
2012 Goals [will be a little less fluid than last year]
– Get my weight under 200 pounds, or at least whittle myself back down to where wearing a 36″ pant size is comfortable
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than one one 10K
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Restore the ITP Estate to a condition where it can be put up for sale at any time
– Buy a new
iPhone (iPhone 5), a new iPad (iPad 3?), and MacBook Air [look, not all goals have to be altruistic]
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient and profitable programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– See more live concerts than I did in 2011
– Drive/Fly somewhere for a real vacation
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2012
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me — Mindy Kahling
- Flotsametrics and the Floating World: How One Man’s Obsession with Runaway Sneakers and Rubber Ducks Revolutionized Ocean Science — Curtis Ebbesmeyer
- God, No! — Penn Jillette
- The Elephant to Hollywood — Michael Caine
- Here Comes Trouble — Michael Moore
- How We Decide — Jonah Lehrer
- Steve Jobs — Walter Isaacson
- Death of a Salesman (Penguin Plays) — Arthur Miller
- Fahrenheit 451 — Ray Bradbury
- White Jacket Required — Jenna Weber