I worked both days this past weekend (and probably will again this upcoming weekend). Though I brought my clothes each day to go out for a walk, the weather, and more importantly my desire to get my app working the way I want it to work, kept me in the office until dinner time each day. On Saturday night I went home and ate three eggs (with cheddar cheese) and drank a beer for dinner; last night I treated myself to Taco Mac.
Today’s Personal Project
Go to the company
Christmas Holiday party at Dave & Buster’s in Duluth :(. The party starts at 3:00pm so my attendance is in question based on today’s app stability. 🙁 🙁
Today’s Daily Challenge
Jump up and down for twenty seconds.
It doesn’t take a lot of time to get your blood pumping! This short bit of exercise will get your heart and lungs working harder and bring a little burst of energy into your day. Jumping can also help strengthen the muscles and ligaments that support the ankles.
After hurting my back jumping on a trampoline two weeks ago (it still hurts some) I can’t say that I plan to accomplish today’s task.
After a long day of work Friday I headed to the westside for the meetup with 5by5‘s Dan Benjamin. Little did I know that he was going to accompanied by his (beautiful) producer Haddie, and that there would be tens of people (more than I expected) also in attendance. My inability to work a crowd (one of the biggest reasons I can’t get dates) kept me from actually talking to Benjamin, but it was a decent time milling about the Jackals (the nickname given to those who listen to 5by5’s programming).
After the “meet”up I was hungry (it was about 9:30pm and I’d yet to eat dinner). I wanted to go out somewhere, and that somewhere turned out to be The Shed. Though dinner and drinks at The Shed isn’t cheap, I find myself wanting to go there more often because I like the food and atmosphere. As I do I sat a the bar and chatted a bit with Mandy, who despite only meeting me three or four times remembers that I attended The Shed’s Wild Heaven dinner. Not being able to decide what I wanted to eat I wound up ordering three sliders, a side of fries, and a side of roasted brussels sprouts. Yes, it was too much food. If you are a fan of Mandy’s you may want to head to The Shed more often soon, as she told me that she’ll be in Denver this week looking for a place to live and work; yep, she’s fleeing the ATL….
Yes, I was awake at 5:02am Sunday morning.
Is That You Santi Claus?
I had breakfast at The Original Pancake House yesterday prior to heading into the office. As I (sometimes do) I sat at the counter, and obviously have not entered into “Christmas” time yet because I ordered pumpkin pancakes. While seated I looked down the counter and saw a man who must be rather busy this time of year — Santa Claus, well, it was a man who looked like Santa Claus. At one point a couple of kids came up and talked to “Santa Claus” and it was actually kind of funny as he asked their names and whether they had been good boys this year.
Speaking of not being in “Christmas” time… I walked into Target on Saturday morning and was stunned to hear that no music was being played. This is the one time of year that I want to hear
Christmas Holiday music in stores, and Target wasn’t playing any. BAH. HUMBUG!
Dear Santa, Deliver Me From This
My back hurts.
My tooth hurts occasionally (root canal here I come).
I need to go into my attic to check on what might be a possible roof leak, in addition to a possible home for vermin (I’m probably crazy, but I swear I hear scurrying. Given my house’s history and my seemingly endless run of bad luck, I’m sure that I am.).
I need to hire a plumber to fix nearly all of my plumbing and install a new water heater. (People normally say “hot water heater” but isn’t that redundant since the act of heating the water makes it hot?)
I am working far too much.
I am overweight and not getting any exercise.
Oh shit, I doubt that I am on the “Good” List.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – ACK!
Current Music – listening to
Christmas Holiday music in an attempt to lift my spirit (since I cannot lift spirits at work)
Website Of The Day – Seeing a PSA for Play 60 reminded me that I am not getting exercise. Unfortunately it did not inspire me to get any yesterday either.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – nothing, nothing, nothing
Morning Weigh-In – didn’t check
Foot Mileage – ~10.5 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Pushups – 0
Situps – 0
Stairs – 0 flights
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 13
Carnivorous Meals – 12
Pancakes Eaten – 3
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– lose five pounds
– walk/run no fewer that 100 miles
– read at least one book
– dissolve Sharpened Stone, LLC
– donate money to charities
– take care of myself first
– take care of my house second
2012 Goals [will be a little less fluid than last year]
– Get my weight under 200 pounds, or at least whittle myself back down to where wearing a 36″ pant size is comfortable
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Run Sharpened Stone as a real business
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Attend at least one professional photography workshop
– Ride in no fewer than five 50 mile or 50K bike rides
– Run in no fewer than one one 10K
– Submit at least one application under the name “Sharpened Stone” to Apple’s iOS store
– Restore the ITP Estate to a condition where it can be put up for sale at any time
– Buy a new
iPhone (iPhone 5), a new iPad (iPad 3?), and MacBook Air [look, not all goals have to be altruistic]
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Become a proficient and profitable programmer in Objective-C
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– See more live concerts than I did in 2011
– Drive/Fly somewhere for a real vacation
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2012
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me — Mindy Kahling
- Flotsametrics and the Floating World: How One Man’s Obsession with Runaway Sneakers and Rubber Ducks Revolutionized Ocean Science — Curtis Ebbesmeyer
- God, No! — Penn Jillette
- The Elephant to Hollywood — Michael Caine
- Here Comes Trouble — Michael Moore
- How We Decide — Jonah Lehrer
- Steve Jobs — Walter Isaacson
- Death of a Salesman (Penguin Plays) — Arthur Miller
- Fahrenheit 451 — Ray Bradbury
- White Jacket Required — Jenna Weber