Because of the preacher curls I did yesterday my biceps are burning. At points last night I swear I woke up from the pain my biceps felt as I tossed and turned. It’s okay, because it’s a “positive” pain. 😉
If not for the pulled groin muscle (or whatever) that I gave myself yesterday I would have been back at LA Fitness this morning doing some more cardio. I briefly thought about attempting a walk, but the 35Â° F outside kept me under the covers. Unfortunately this delay also allowed me to hear the critters which inhabit my house as well. Note to self: This Spring you must get nearby tree branches removed, and plug any holes in the house.
Today’s Personal Project
Keep reorganizing my life, start planning home renovations.
Today’s Daily Challenge
Eat one calcium-rich food today.
No matter what your age, your body needs calcium for building and maintaining healthy bones! Without sufficient calcium, you can develop osteoporosis, a condition that causes bones to become brittle and break easily. Calcium also helps your blood clot and plays a role in maintaining your heartbeat.
Are PopTarts calcium rich? No? Dangen. Unfortunately I started the day poorly by eating two PopTarts (one package) for breakfast. At least I have the rest of the day to recover from my morning sin.
ITP Flickr Pic
Up, up and away! The only other shot taken with the D300 in Saturday that the public will see. Many things will change in 2013, taking an Ã¼ber-critical eye to my photography and limiting what gets seen will not.
I still have not pulled the photos from my Nikon 1 V1 — I am awaiting the delivery of my new multi-format flash reader/writer.
Look At Me, I’m Reading
I’ve started this year off with the “More time reading; less time television watching” attitude that I’ve tried to take in many of the past recent years. So far I am doing well. Sure, I shan’t give up my football, Modern Family, or Top Chef, but right now I am concentrating on “The Design of Everyday Things” by Donald Norman — a book I’ve had in my collection for some time.
A One-Time Return To RPS Tonight
It’s January, which means that Craig Tanner is presenting at Roswell Photographic Society. I am always impressed with Tanner’s presentations, so I too will be making a return to RPS tonight.
Prior to the meeting the Flickr gang will be eating dinner at El Zarape in Roswell. I’m looking forward to eating a little Mexican tonight, I just have to be conscious of how much I eat.
Stats & Goals
Current Mood – a little bummed because I had to skip a workout today
Current Music – listening to a tv show on the iPad Mini I have at work. I’m testing my Hopper Transfers app and unfortunately encountering some bugs along the way.
Website Of The Day – Make that seven BCS Football championships in a row for the Southeastern Conference.
Mode Of Transportation To Work – my car
Exercise (b)Log – workout at LA Fitness (it’s hard to quantify these)
Morning Weigh-In – checking again next week
Foot Mileage – 0.0 miles
Wheel Mileage – 0.0 miles
Gym Visits – 2
Days Of Bed-Making – 0
Vegetarian Meals – 12
Carnivorous Meals – 9
Marta Rides To Work – 0
Bike Rides To Work – 0
– lose five pounds
– walk/run no fewer that 100 miles
– read at least one book
– dissolve Sharpened Stone, LLC
– take at least one box of things to Goodwill
– post at least ten photos in the blog
2013 Goals: Measurable
– Get my weight down to 190 pounds so that I can wear a 36″ waist pants comfortably
– Completely read ten books, audio books permissible
– Dissolve Sharpened Stone
– Save $500 for the sole purpose of donating to charitable organizations of my choice
– Completely run at least on 10k
– Fix all (or at least most) of the things which are wrong with the ITP Estate
2013 Goals: Unmeasurable
– Simplify, simplify, simplify
– Continue backing up all data, including the off-site storage
– Do not create a solution for something which is not a problem
– Eat smaller portions
– Start, and continue, to make my own bread using my bread machine as well as using the technique outlined in Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
– Read and discard magazines during the month in which they arrive (even digitally)
– Take two real vacations, perhaps one abroad
– Take a more proactive approach to meeting women (read “stop being such a pussy”)
Books I’ve Read/Heard In 2013